Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 2 Build 2019

Thereā€™s a new version of the Sublime Text 2 alpha available.

If youā€™ve been using the dev builds during the week, then this is the version youā€™ve already got, otherwise, the major new features are:

• Sparkle for automatic updates on OS X, and more robust update notification on other platforms.

• A command line tool, subl
    for working from the OS X command prompt.

• A shadow is drawn on the file when itā€™s clipped from the left or right, giving a visual indicator that youā€™re not seeing everything, and separating the minimap from the main file.

• The first line of a file can be used to determine the syntax to apply to it.

• Lots more!

With regards to the dev builds, everyone who was using the dev channel during the week has now been moved onto the stable channel, with respect to update notifications. From the next available dev build, these will be separated. Iā€™ll post a notification on the forum when the next dev build is available.

0 Likes

subl should be called st (or sub or something) imo. subl is awkward. Other than that keep going :smile:

0 Likes

I like the shadow beside the minimap. But I canā€™t move the minimap to show the right end of the view content. I have to use the (upps, they are still visible) scrollbar, which means moving cross the monitor with the mouse. :cry:

I detected a lot of unused real estate in the status bar. Maybe some parts can be reserved for plugins - just an idea.

Jon, please donā€™t let your development drive to much by userecho. It is a good system to see what user want. This maybe something they have seen in widespread products, but which may not suite to a minimal GUI. If you follow them, sublime text may become someday something usual.
Please be the ā€œBenevolent Dictator For Lifeā€ of Sublime Text.

0 Likes

Iā€™ve just replaced Build 2019 with Build 2020ā€¦ there was a regression in the command line handling on Windows. No need to update on any other platform.

0 Likes

Thanks for adding the gutterForeground key, a small change but it improved on readability a lot.

btw, seems like a bug in minimap shadow: it is 1px smaller than the gutter shadow, becomes invisible at shadowWidth=1.

0 Likes

Iā€™m having trouble opening files w/ the latest build via command line if the app is already open. It works fine if it is closed though. (win 7 64bit)

0 Likes

n00ge: are you using 2019 or 2020?

0 Likes

It was 2019, 2020 is good. Sorry about that. Thanks.

0 Likes

Thank you for optimizing ā€œOpen Folder In Projectā€ option. Now opening large folder with excluded patterns set works as quickly as in Sublime 1. Unfortunately ā€œGoto Anythingā€ option with large folder opened causes Sublime to crash during file name typing. I checked previous alpha version - there was no such problem - so it has to be a new bug.

Regards
elmer

0 Likes

Elmer: This should be fixed in the current dev build, at sublimetext.com/dev. If you could give it a go and confirm for me, thatā€™d be great.

0 Likes

Hi,

I have just tested 2023 build. It looks like problem has been fixed and I can use Sublime 2 as my primary editor from now :smile: Iā€™m really impressed with folder loading time into project. Thank you for fast reaction.

Regards
elmer

0 Likes