Sublime Forum

Licensing for Sublime Text 2

Jon,
I purchased a license for ST 1.0, and have been running the betas and alphas for X and 2. What will be the license situation for Sublime Text 2 once it is out of beta? Will the ST 1.0 license apply, or will we need to purchase a new license?

0 Likes

From the site :

If a paid upgrade is released within a year of purchasing a license, you’re automatically entitled to that for free too.

0 Likes

That still does not answer the question: will Sublime Text 2 be a paid upgrade?

0 Likes

No. Your license key for 1.4 will work with 2.

0 Likes

I’m aware my 1.4 license works with v2 alpha, but what about the final 2? Haven’t seen word from Jon regarding that.

0 Likes

[quote=“oats”]

I’m aware my 1.4 license works with v2 alpha, but what about the final 2? Haven’t seen word from Jon regarding that.[/quote]

:unamused:

It [size=200]will[/size] work.

0 Likes

Sublime Text 2 will likely be a paid upgrade, but this isn’t set in stone yet. Irrespective, any keys purchased since either:

A) Sublime Text X was announced
B) Within a year of the Sublime Text 2 stable version being released.

Will be valid for Sublime Text 2. If it is a paid upgrade, the upgrade price will be at a significant discount to a new license.

0 Likes

Thanks! That is a clear answer.

0 Likes

If a paid upgrade is released within a year of purchasing a license, you’re automatically entitled to that for free too.!

Trumpet Wedding Dresses|Column Wedding Dresses|Wedding Dresses with Sleeves|New Style Wedding Dresses

0 Likes