Sublime Forum

I sure will buy Sublime if

First, I want to let this very clear, Sublime is the best editor I’ve ever used.
Let me emphasize that it is a really great EDITOR; it has key features that make editing agile, quick, pleasant and awesome.

I hope that other less edit-oriented features does not become the focus in Sublime 2, otherwise it will be as cluttered as any other ordinary IDE.

I’ve been using Sublime on Windows for a few months now, and I really loved it. Recently I became a Mac user and to hear about Sublime 2 being developed for Mac made me happy again. :smile:

But I found some pretty annoying issues; tabs are ugly, interface is messed (see minimap), sidebar is pointless, multi-caret navigation uses bad mod keys (shift+control) and status bar is no more.

I would suggest Espresso interface, which I think is really great, but dressed with usual dark theme. Also, new icon/logo for Mac would be nice. :smile:

That’s all, I hope I didn’t sound ungrateful or surly. I really appreciate Sublime’s dev team’s work.

Regards,

Arthur.

0 Likes

“tabs are ugly” --> View --> Hide Tabs
“interface is messed (see minimap)” --> View --> Hide Minimap
“sidebar is pointless” --> View --> “Hide Sidebar”
“multi-caret navigation uses bad mod keys (shift+control)” --> I highly recommend using a mouse with a third button, or clickable scroll wheel. Then you don’t need any mod keys.

I’m pretty sure Jon is planning on more UI polish once the core features are up and running.

0 Likes

You can change these, if you want. Open your user key prefs, and add these lines:

[code] { “keys”: “ctrl+shift+up”], “command”: “select_lines”, “args”: {“forward”: false} },

{ "keys": "ctrl+shift+down"], "command": "select_lines", "args": {"forward": true} },

[/code]
and change the “ctrl+shift+up” and “ctrl+shift+down” to whatever you want. I’m not actually sure why these shortcuts default to different things on Windows and OS X (Windows default is ctrl+alt, not ctrl+shift).

0 Likes