Sublime Forum

Scrolling Issues

Sorry for the vague bug report, but basically I’m unable to scroll up and down the document using the ThinkPad’s TrackPoint scrolling (I believe they call the driver UltraNav.) This is confirmed working properly in 1.4. I’m not sure what kind of event it fires; I think it might be different than a normal mouse wheel event, and am willing to test if you have something available.

The normal behavior seems to be that most apps don’t scroll 3 lines like most mouse wheels do, but instead scroll a smaller amount dependent on how far off-center the TrackPoint is. Sublime Text 1.4 would scroll line by line when scrolling a little, and speed up as you kept moving the nub in a direction.

0 Likes

The TrackPoint drivers are decrepit things: the scrolling works by looking for scrollbars in an application, and manipulating them directly, rather than simply sending a WM_MOUSEWHEEL message, like a mouse wheel does.

In Sublime Text 1.4 this is supported by creating some fake scrollbars offscreen, and translating any scrolling into scroll messages internally. I’ll add the same code to Sublime Text 2 for the next version.

0 Likes

Thanks. What a horrible hack, but I guess it must be to get more fine grained control compared to the wheel messages.

0 Likes