Sublime Forum

Description of the snippet usage

Hello all,

1. Can I use JSON for writing snippets?

2. How can I make the description as on the screenshot?

0 Likes

1. Can I use JSON for writing snippets?
As far as I can tell snippets in both ST 1.4 and ST 2 snippets are in XML.
However, I do remember reading somewhere that they will eventually be JSON.

Currently this is the XML structure of a snippet.

<snippet> <content><![CDATA[if (${1:true}) {${0:$TM_SELECTED_TEXT}};]]></content> <!-- The text to insert. --> <tabTrigger>if</tabTrigger> <!-- Sublime parses this and displays it in the snippet menu as "i,f, Tab" this is what you are looking for. --> <scope>source.js</scope> <!-- the scope of the snippet --> <description>if</description> <!-- [Option] Add this to customize the description in the left hand portion of the snippet menu. Defaults to the name of the snippet file if missing. --> </snippet>

0 Likes

[quote=“tstrokes”]
Currently this is the XML structure of a snippet.

<snippet> <content><![CDATA[if (${1:true}) {${0:$TM_SELECTED_TEXT}};]]></content> <!-- The text to insert. --> <tabTrigger>if</tabTrigger> <!-- Sublime parses this and displays it in the snippet menu as "i,f, Tab" this is what you are looking for. --> <scope>source.js</scope> <!-- the scope of the snippet --> <description>if</description> <!-- [Option] Add this to customize the description in the left hand portion of the snippet menu. Defaults to the name of the snippet file if missing. --> </snippet>[/quote]

I know that. I wrote this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1639 snippets

I’m wondering what is circled in red on the screenshot

0 Likes

Snippet key bindings are not shown in the menu on OS X, because Cocoa is unable to show multi-key key bindings in its menus. I plan to spend some time looking into doing menus the deprecated (Carbon) way on OS X in the future, as it’s more flexible.

0 Likes

Tnx for the answer.

How about JSON format for snippets?

0 Likes

The .sublime-snippet format may be changed during the alpha, but I don’t know for sure at this stage.

0 Likes