Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2025

Dev Build 2025 is out now, with the usual even-more-alpha disclaimers applying.

The headlining feature for this build is keeping open folders in synch with the file system. The synchronization should be immediate, irrespective of the size of the opened folders: please let me know if you encounter any situations where this isn’t the case. As part of this, I’ve had to redo the way folders are scanned; the code involved is surprisingly complex, and there are likely still some bugs there. Part of the complexity comes from protecting against recursive symlinks, especially in situations like:

• A windows host talking to a samba server, where there are recursive symlinks on the server.
  • A linux or OS X host talking to a windows server, where there are recursive symlinks or junction points on the server.

Part of the issue with recursive symlinks for Sublime Text 2 is that it relies on being able to scan a directory tree entirely into memory (for use with Goto Anything), so it’s important that it doesn’t end up in an infinite loop when encountering self referential symlinks. I’m keen to hear about any success or failure with these scenarios, as well as the simpler case of recursive local file systems.

It’s also possible to remove individual folders, too.

For Linux folks, this build, unlike 2024, should work with older versions of GTK again. Let me know if this isn’t the case.

The full list of changes is at sublimetext.com/dev

0 Likes

Awesome release!

I just found a bug :smiley:

Mac OSX, Opening ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/User/Global.sublime-settings to adjust it use the new folder_exclude_pattern and file_exclude_pattern, it crashes when you save it.

No symlinks are present in the current project, only folders inside ~/projects of my current user.

EDIT: Closing a project (or removing its folders) do not crash.

Cheers.

0 Likes

I can’t replicate that crash… if it’s happening consistently for you, would you be able to send me the crash report?

0 Likes

The Goto Anything ranking function works much, much better now. Every issue I had with it (including a serious one that I hadn’t gotten around to reporting) is solved. Thanks!

0 Likes

This does not work for me on OS X 10.6.6. I have to restart for these changes to take effect.

0 Likes

Goto Anything always factors in files in your file history. I find this to clutter the list of files instead of being helpful, especially when all I want to do is start a new project. I would expect to see nothing if I searched Goto Anything after “Remove all folders from project” or saying “sublime_text.exe .” from the command line (don’t know whether this is supposed to work in Sublime 2).

EDIT: I would expect to see nothing except for the contents of the current dir…

0 Likes

I love this updates! Especially the “remove” single folder feature. I don’t use project files that much so I just wanted to add and delete folders to the sidebar easily. Also, hurray for file system sync :smile:

0 Likes

How do we remove individual folders?
Clicking around the list in the sidebar isn’t doing anything for me.

0 Likes

[quote=“jaehoony”]How do we remove individual folders?
Clicking around the list in the sidebar isn’t doing anything for me.[/quote]

You remove folders from your project by right clicking on the folder in the file explorer on the left hand side and selecting “Remove Folder”.

0 Likes

Context menu appears only when right-clicking on the top-level folder, doesnt work for subfolders

0 Likes

[quote=“lashtal”]

Context menu appears only when right-clicking on the top-level folder, doesnt work for subfolders[/quote]

Yeah I assumed it will work for subfolders. That will be nice thing to have. :frowning:

0 Likes

One option is to clear the recent files list, via File/Open Recent/Clear Items

No?

0 Likes

Yes. Find attached the crash report from “View details”. sublime-text-2-crash.txt.zip (9.23 KB)

Added a Rails application folder, went to “Sublime Text 2”, Preferences, User Global Preferences.

Edit the file (copied from from Default since these values are not append but instead replaced):

// Place user-specific overrides in this file, to ensure they're preserved // when upgrading { "folder_exclude_patterns": ".svn", ".git", ".hg", "CVS", ".bundle", "tmp"], "file_exclude_patterns": "*.pyc", "*.pyo", "*.exe", "*.dll", "*.obj", "*.o", "*.a", "*.lib", "*.so", "*.dylib", "*.ncb", "*.sdf", "*.suo", "*.pdb", "*.idb", ".DS_Store", "*.pdf"], "new_window_settings": { "show_minimap": false } }

Added “.bundle” and “tmp”, Cmd+S and program crashed.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

Sure does, will fix the issue for the next build - thanks.

0 Likes