Sublime Forum

BUG: Hide menu not working properly

I reinstalled Windows 7 on the weekend and for some reason hiding the menu bar no longer seems to work properly in the latest version of ST2.

ST2 Build: 2027
Steps to reproduce: Open ST2. Click View->Hide Menu. The menu disappears as expected. Close ST2. Open ST2. The menu bar will be visible, which it shouldn’t be. Pressing Alt now hides the menu bar.

Guess at the problem: since the Alt key still toggles the menu bar it’s obviously in the correct mode, it just seems to start up with the menu bar visibility set the wrong way on startup.

I haven’t checked yet if my work computer displays the same symptoms. I’ll add this tomorrow.

0 Likes

Bug reproduced on my work computer as well, so it seems to be a regression between 2023 and 2027.

0 Likes

Same as OP for me too.

0 Likes

in build 2030 there is a new bug:

alt-tabbing to a different app and back to ST toggles the display of the menu bar, i.e. the alt from the alt-tab keystroke is being processed by ST when it shouldn’t be.

edit: on winxp

0 Likes

I suspect that issue has always been there in hide menu. It does appear to be XP specific though: I can replicate in an XP VM, but not in Windows 7.

0 Likes