Sublime Forum

Python 3.2 is out

Jon, you previously wrote that You want to migrate to Python 3.2 when the official version get out.
Is this something you expect to handle in the Sublime Text 2 official release ?

0 Likes

This version look good and lot of libraries are now available for Python 3.
There are still some popular missing (PIL, Twisted, Django) but IMHO they are not very useful for Sublime Text.

I still use Python 2.6 like you, but with this version I expect slowly moving to Python 3.2 and try to bypass 2.7 in the process (if I don’t need to write script for both versions).

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]re: Django being useless, I actually used to run CherryPy from within Sublime 1 fairly often LOL

I had it serving up the current file, embedding row/column attributes of each node into the html. Alt-click on nodes in the browser to move the cursor to related source in Sublime. On save it was embedding Javascript in a closure to scroll the browser to the node containing the current selections while putting a thin red border about them.

Of course completely static html gets pretty old quick so you want Genshi Templates and Firebug Integration[/quote]

Wow !
Never ever thought doing something like that !
I bow respectfully…

0 Likes

I’m going to give 3.2 a few weeks, at least, before I look at moving to it, in case any issues crop up.

0 Likes

It’ll happen, provided unicode module paths are indeed working, and that boost.python is compatible with it.

0 Likes

It looks like the SVN boost.python supports Python 3: boost.org/doc/libs/1_46_0/li … /news.html

0 Likes

Jon ,what about moving to Python 3 ?

It look maybe a little late now cos it mean that every plugins written for ST2 Python 2.6 will need an adaptation for Python 3.
2to3 converter make the transition easier but not painless.

On the other hand Python 2.x work great so why change it right now, it could wait Sublime Text 3.

However, upgrading to Python 2.7 mean that you could write (theoretically) plugin compatible with both 2.7 and 3.2 using 2to3 converter, which could be nice.

0 Likes