Sublime Forum

Still alive?

Is Sublime still in development? There hasn’t been much activity here lately, the last point release was months ago, the wiki is dead and jps hasn´t even logged in since October.

I’ve been using this editor for a week, like it a lot despite some minor shortcomings (e.g. line ending conversion broken), and am considering buying a license. The lack of activity is discouraging though.

0 Likes

To stay or to leave of this community
To stay or to leave of this community
Is the project still active?

i fear the worst. :cry:

but fear is also known as the worst enemy :open_mouth:

and i hope… i hope i am wrong :neutral_face:

0 Likes

Jon, where are you? Please say us something.

0 Likes

Just received an encouraging reply from Jon via email. Sublime is alive and kicking and new stuff is in the pipeline. I’m sure he’ll make an announcement when he’s ready.

0 Likes

best news to end the year with!

0 Likes

That’s usually a bad sign. I hope this hasn’t suddenly become abandonware.

Maybe some mods should be appointed to look after this sort of stuff in the developers absence.

Anybody got his email addy?

0 Likes

This is the email I received from Jon on Dec 23:

[quote]I’m glad you’re enjoying Sublime Text!

I’m presently working on a prototype for 2.0 - I’ll be making an announcement on the forums in the next couple of weeks.

Interface-wise, it’s quite different, so if you’re considering buying a license, I suggest holding off a while until you see where it’ll be heading.

Regards,

Jon[/quote]

Since then nothing. I was about to purchase a Sublime license but the lack of updates and activity here has convinced me not to. No one wants to spend money on abandonware even if it’s a nice product.

(Unfortunately, development of the other Textmate inspired editor for Windows, E, has also stalled.)

0 Likes