My testing has been in 11.04, alpha 2. I was seeing the issues mentioned above there, but they were fixed for me as of 2033.
There were two specific problems:
* No global menu shown. Right clicking in an open file caused the menu to show up. The root cause of this was the global menu shim being unable to detect new menu items, so when the menu was refreshed after the snippets load, the menu disappeared. This was fixed by triggering the global menu to refresh in the same way that right clicking does.
* Menu items displaying blank. Some menu items start off blank until they're updated, which happens when the menu is first opened. With global menus, the application doesn't receive notification when the menu is shown. This was fixed by updating the menu when the application loses focus.
* Let me know the exact version you're running, by checking in Help/About
* Does the menu show up at all? If not, does it show up when you right click in a file?
* Are menu items still blank? If so, can you press F10 in Sublime Text 2, and then let me know if they're still blank?