Sublime Forum

Looking for ST2 SFTP Beta Testers

I am working on a nice SFTP plugin for ST2 and I’d like to get some beta testers across the various supported platforms.

So, if you are interested in SFTP functionality, and wouldn’t mind working with it while it still has some bugs, shoot me an email at will@wbond.net.

[size=150]Update[/size]

The plugin has been officially announced at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3416.

0 Likes

[size=150]Update[/size]

This post talks about some of my original ideas, and does not reflect the current state of the plugin. Please see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3416 for the most up-to-date info.

[size=150]Original Post[/size]

I should clarify some bits about the plugin.

Since the API for ST2 does not provide extensive GUI options, this will not be a plugin that allows browsing remote servers and editing files off of those servers. If you are interested in working directly off of a server, something like Expandrive (expandrive.com) work really well for treating an SFTP connection like a local disk. WinSCP can also provide similar functionality.

• This plugin will be cross-platform and will allow for uploading the current file, or all files changed since the last SVN/Git/Hg commit to a server over SFTP.

• It will support SSH keys through the SSH agent of your OS (sshagent for Linux/OS X and pageant for Windows). It will also support password based logins.

• Configuration will be done like most other configuration in ST2, through a JSON file. The JSON file is placed in a path on your local machine and will map and files and folder beneath it to a folder on the server. As long as the configuration file is found in the current directory, or a parent directory, you will be upload.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

0 Likes

Hello, any chance of implementing support for ordinary FTP protocol?

I know about insecurity and so using simple FTP but you know what, I have like 30 current sites I’m maintaining and to each one of them I have only simple FTP connection. I guess my clients don’t really care about security :wink:

Thank you

0 Likes

[quote=“digingbil”]Hello, any chance of implementing support for ordinary FTP protocol?

I know about insecurity and so using simple FTP but you know what, I have like 30 current sites I’m maintaining and to each one of them I have only simple FTP connection. I guess my clients don’t really care about security :wink:

Thank you[/quote]

Yes, I’ve had a number of requests for FTP support. I am working on it, and hopefully I’ll have it out in the next week or so, but it depends on how crazy busy I am because of my day job. Feel free to email me at support@wbond.net if you’d like to be notified of the release of FTP functionality.

0 Likes

FTP Protocol would be great, yes!

0 Likes

+1!

0 Likes

I guess that first, you should use putty sessions, second we need something that is better, that integrate with sublime in a level that we can open a entirely remote folter, and also that let us build remotely with ssh commands and read from remote virtualenvs (as a sample).

If you or sublime team do it, I buy your plugin, and also sublime.

0 Likes

[quote=“chronossc”]I guess that first, you should use putty sessions, second we need something that is better, that integrate with sublime in a level that we can open a entirely remote folter, and also that let us build remotely with ssh commands and read from remote virtualenvs (as a sample).

If you or sublime team do it, I buy your plugin, and also sublime.[/quote]

Putty sessions don’t really add anything to this plugin, unless I missed something. Certainly, yes, you don’t have to define your hostname, username and password again, but they don’t contain the local path, remote path, chmod settings, ignore regex, etc. Because of this, a separate configuration is required. Rather than split the config between two programs, and also to make a consistent cross-platform experience, I decided to keep all of the config in the Sublime SFTP json file.

It has been a while since I wrote this post and the description of what I would support. As of now I do have plans to support remote browsing through the quick panel (what goto anything uses), however I do not yet have an ETA for it. I’m currently working on FTP support and some other small enhancements.

0 Likes

Great, if FTP support is coming you get one more customer immediately :wink: Thanks

0 Likes