Sublime Forum

Question about project panel

HI,

Not sure if this has been answered before but is there a keyboard short cut to open the project panel on the left side of the application?

I know you can press “control + p” to open up the window with all the files in the current project, but is there a short cut like that for the project panel?

Right now I have to go into the general preferences file and turn “showProjectPanel false” to “showProjectPanel true” in order to see the panel. I don’t see any short cut to do that in the view menu but there is one for the mini-map, output panel, control panel, etc…

I am just wondering if it is something I am missing or something I can implement in order to be able to quickly make the project panel come up and go away with out having to go to the preference file.

Thanks

0 Likes

You can bind a key to “toggleApp showProjectPanel”, although if you’re using the project panel, I’d recommend using the Sublime Text 2 alpha instead, where it works much better.

0 Likes

Thanks. I will give version 2 a try and check that out.

Now can I also install the zen plugin for sublime text 2 and the web development kit, or is that only for the first sublime?

0 Likes

Hi Jon

Can you confirm if this is the correct line to put in my user-specific key bindings?

{ “keys”: “super+ctrl+b”], “command”: “toggleApp showProjectPanel” }

I’m trying to setup toggle with command+ctrl+b on Mac.

Indy

0 Likes

In Sublime Text 2 you actually want something like this:
{ “keys”: “super+ctrl+b”], “command”: “toggle_side_bar” },
It’s mapped to ctrl+s by default on the Mac.

0 Likes

Thanks… Just discovered that myself! And have reassigned the keys as follows (this is what I use in Coda).

{ “keys”: “super+ctrl+b”], “command”: “toggle_side_bar” }

0 Likes