Sublime Forum

Autocomplete color, terminal questions

Hello,

Can anyone say if sublime support next few things?

1. Is there a way change autocomplete color? how change theme iā€™m know but didnā€™t found way to change autocomplete colors
  2. Is there a way to open file from Linux console in sublime? Just if open like ā€œsublime_text fileā€ it opens new window, but iā€™m need way opens in current window not make new :smile:

Forgot about #3 before :smile:
3) Code folding (bracket collapse), to make code more compact

Thanks

0 Likes

#1 requires editing the Default.sublime-theme file

In regards to #2, youā€™ll notice thereā€™s a message printed to the terminal about single instance support disabled because your libgio is too old. This is the reason the file isnā€™t opening in the current instance.

0 Likes

A big thank for #1 :smile:

For #2, yup iā€™m seen so it requires libgio, but found under ubuntu only libgio-fam,
if not hard to you and you know, can you say which package need under ubuntu?

Thank you

0 Likes

Youā€™ll already have libgio, as itā€™s part of GTK, itā€™s just the version thatā€™s required. I donā€™t know exactly which version of Ubuntu has the needed version, but my 10.10 installs do, and when 11.04 comes out it certainly will.

I think 10.04, the current LTS, is too old.

0 Likes

Trying updates now on 10.04 if not help than move to 10.10 :smile:
Just itā€™s better editor for me :smiley: happy so found it :smile:

Also can you say around timeline for 2 things :smile: it just last which iā€™m miss but it can wait :smile:

1. code folding, as iā€™m look it under request features
  2. bookmarks, too under request features

Thank you

0 Likes

Bookmarks are already in, take a look at the Selection/Bookmarks menu.

Code folding will not be done before the stable version of 2 is released.

0 Likes

A big thanks again.

Upgrade to 10.10 helps, even if not done.
If it help iā€™m can say so update 10.04 not helps.
And so libgio is a part of libglib, but iā€™m not get luck with up update it from repository,
so for me helps only full upgrade to 10.10

Thank you again for your help

0 Likes

Oh :smile: iā€™m forgot last thing :smile:
Can you kick me to a docs (if exist) where iā€™m can find all possible keybinds (not only current use but all)
Like iā€™m now plan make mini map hidable by keybind but not know how called procedure.

Thank you again.

0 Likes

The command to toggle the minimap is ā€œtoggle_minimapā€. I discovered this by opening the console (ctrl+`), typing ā€œsublime.log_commands(True)ā€, and then going to View>Hide Minimap and seeing what was displayed.
I think every command is either in the default keybindings file or in the menus, but Iā€™m not 100% certain of that fact.

0 Likes

Thanks for help:)
Going to play with it more :smile:

0 Likes

jps, Iā€™m very interested in being an early adopter for this editor on Linux. However Iā€™m not able to move to 10.10 or 11.04 at this time on my work machine. This libgio version issue is a showstopper for me, and anyone that canā€™t yet move from the 10.04 long-term-support release. Would it be possible to build a version of Sublime Text 2.0 on 10.04?

I definitely would purchase a license if this were fixed.

ā€“George

0 Likes

In principle, Iā€™d like to rewrite the single instance support to use lower level dbus libraries, rather than the functionality in libgio. I canā€™t imagine Iā€™ll be able to justify doing this before first stable version though.

0 Likes

Any thinking on when the first stable version will roll out?

0 Likes