Sublime Forum

Language Bugs / Need Updating

The current SQL language definition currently isn’t recognizing JOIN’s.

The TextMate SQL bundle works fine though. I believe the only difference is on line 232 (in both files), a |join was added.

Also would be nice if the PHP syntax got an update. The official TextMate PHP bundle has seen quite a bit of updating making it support PHP 5.3.

0 Likes

[quote=“Anomareh”]The current SQL language definition currently isn’t recognizing JOIN’s.

The TextMate SQL bundle works fine though. I believe the only difference is on line 232 (in both files), a |join was added.

Also would be nice if the PHP syntax got an update. The official TextMate PHP bundle has seen quite a bit of updating making it support PHP 5.3.[/quote]

sublimetext.userecho.com/feedbac … functions/

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]

[quote=“Anomareh”]The current SQL language definition currently isn’t recognizing JOIN’s.

The TextMate SQL bundle[/quote]

works fine though. I believe the only difference is on line 232 (in both files), a |join was added.

Also would be nice if the PHP syntax got an update. The official TextMate PHP bundle has seen quite a bit of updating making it support PHP 5.3.
sublimetext.userecho.com/feedbac … functions/[/quote]

And have you read the comments ? A feedback would be nice for other people reading it…

SQL has many dialects, Oracle SQL is quite different than MySQL SQL.
IMHO, JOIN must be in the standard SQL language, some other specific function not.

0 Likes

[quote=“bizoo”]

works fine though. I believe the only difference is on line 232 (in both files), a |join was added.

sublimetext.userecho.com/feedbac … functions/
And have you read the comments ? A feedback would be nice for other people reading it…

SQL has many dialects, Oracle SQL is quite different than MySQL SQL.
IMHO, JOIN must be in the standard SQL language, some other specific function not.[/quote]

Oh hah! It’s you :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

UserEcho seems to just be the place for feature requests (though honestly if I had one I’d still stick to the forums as it seems like anything new over there will get completely ignored due to the voting system and how things are sorted) and the forums are the place for bug reports.

Also, it really isn’t a big deal to upgrade them manually. I did so myself. I was just reporting them so that they would get fixed some point down the road.

If anyone is unaware of how to do it, just goto github.com/textmate and find the bundle you’re looking to either update or add. Grab the Syntaxes/.(tmLanguage|plist)* files. Create a folder in /path/to/your/config/dir/Packages/User that’s the same name of the bundle you’re upgrading / adding (rename any plist files to tmlanguage). Lastly, if you are updating, check for any differences between the language files and the originals at the beginning. Some have minor changes for ST, PHP for example. That’s it.

There is only one small issue with doing it the way above if you’re updating a package, there will be 2 entries in the view > syntax menu (though it will still use yours over the original). You can avoid this if you just update the package in Packages/, though it then runs the possibility of getting overwritten.

0 Likes

I’m a Sublime newbie, do I need to “reload configuration”, remove some cache file or something like that? I copied Textmate’s sql.tmbundle/Syntaxes/SQL.plist to ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/User/SQL/SQL.tmLanguage (on Mac) but I’m not seeing the updated syntax highlighting…

0 Likes