Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2043

[quote=“aoi”]When type somethings on another window, the letters show up on the first window only.

steps

1. open 1st window.(1st window)
  2. File -> New Window(2nd window)
  3. write on 2nd window -> the letters show up on 1st window.(bug)
  4. write on 1st window -> the letters show up on 1st window.(normal)
  5. close 2nd window -> write on 1st window -> crash…
    [/quote]

I’m not seeing this - when I create the second window, then the second window receives input focus, and I can type there as normal. I can click between windows and type in either, and closing the second window doesn’t not appear to cause a crash. Also testing on Ubuntu 10.10. This wasn’t happening for you on build 2042?

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

[quote=“atomi”]I just wanted to say that ctrl+space now errors with: no available completions.
So the completions drop down never shows up.[/quote]

Can you give some more information? Ctrl+Space is working fine for me.[/quote]

I’m not sure what else to tell you. It’s just plain not working.

Step 1: unzip portable win x64 package.
Step 2: run sublime text
Step 3: open new file with .xml extension

And press ctrl+space - no completions dialogue.
I understand the ctrl+space should work without having entered any characters so if there is any other way I can help (by turning on some kind of debugging/logging) let me know.

0 Likes

Ctrl+Space won’t show anything for an empty XML file. However, there does appear to be an issue in this circumstance:

aa
ab
|

(The pipe is where the cursor is). Pressing Ctrl+Space isn’t working here, but it should be - I’ll look into it. If you type an ‘a’ though, then Ctrl+Space will work fine.

0 Likes

Hey i just registered to write down a small little bug i just found:

1. Open Sublime with Double Vertical Pane Layout
  2. open 1 file on the left pane and multiple files on the right pane.
  3. I close all Files on the right pane with CTRL+W (i set this shortcut to “close files” because i was annoyed that it always exit the programm when i press it one more time than files are there)
  4. Switch back to Single Pane Layout (left pane should have still the one file open but no files open on the right pane)
  5. No Content is shown on this single view then. The file is marked as open but its empty. If i close the file and reopen it, the content is there.

I know, nothing dramatical, but maybe in another scenario this bug might be more heavier.

0 Likes

ctrl+spacebar doesn’t seem to bring up the completions list if the prefix is an empty string. I think it used to in previous builds. Is this by design? I personally preferred the old behavior.

EDIT:

Nevermind, it’s my fault…

0 Likes

Build 2044 is out now, addressing most of the above issues

0 Likes

Anyone?

0 Likes

It highlights the added and removed lines in a diff. Your color scheme needs to assign a colour to the relevant scopes, and not all do. The default colour scheme, Monokai Bright, does. You can see an example using the Show Unsaved Changes context menu item.

0 Likes

Oh I see!

Man that’s cool :smiley:

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]Show Unsaved Changes prints its results to an output panel instead of a new file
[/quote]

I think the old way of displaying diffs (in a new buffer) was more user friendly. Now, we’ll have to scroll and scroll and scroll to review the diff, and diffs are generally long documents. Please, make this configurable.

0 Likes

You can use the diff_changes_to_buffer setting to make it like the last version

0 Likes

Cool! BTW, this is not documented in Base File.sublime-settings.

0 Likes

[quote]Build 2044
Release Date: 10 March 2011

* Diff commands work with UTF-8 files[/quote]

It would be nice if this feature was available for all files.
Do you think that you could make it work for the default encoded file ?
Something like (warning untested dirty code):

try: b = self.view.substr(sublime.Region(0, self.view.size())).splitlines() a = codecs.open(fname, "r", "utf-8").read().splitlines() except UnicodeDecodeError: try: a = codecs.open(fname, "r", self.view.settings().get('fallback_encoding').rpartition('(')[2].partition(')')[0]).read().splitlines() except UnicodeDecodeError: sublime.status_message("Diff only works with UTF-8 files") return

0 Likes

Double clicking a folder in the sidebar should unfold it (and fold if it is unfolded). Clicking on this small gray arrow is not very comfortable.

0 Likes

0 Likes

+10000 (+ekolguy’s 100)

0 Likes

Aren’t we running out of free bindings by now?

0 Likes

When will I be able to use the arrow keys in the file/folder panel?
And when will there be little icons in that same panel to create file/directory in the hierarchy?

I requested this months ago!

Please implement :smiley:

0 Likes

[quote=“gregmax17”]When will I be able to use the arrow keys in the file/folder panel?
And when will there be little icons in that same panel to create file/directory in the hierarchy?

I requested this months ago!

Please implement :smiley:[/quote]

Please don’t add toolbars /icons.
But, I do agree with adding arrow keys support to navigate the sidebar.

0 Likes

I think there needs to be a file delete confirmation dialog, or else some important file will be deleted by accident sooner or later.
Ideally, this should work as in “delete from project”, not deleting the file physically.

0 Likes