Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2043

Cool! BTW, this is not documented in Base File.sublime-settings.

0 Likes

[quote]Build 2044
Release Date: 10 March 2011

* Diff commands work with UTF-8 files[/quote]

It would be nice if this feature was available for all files.
Do you think that you could make it work for the default encoded file ?
Something like (warning untested dirty code):

try: b = self.view.substr(sublime.Region(0, self.view.size())).splitlines() a = codecs.open(fname, "r", "utf-8").read().splitlines() except UnicodeDecodeError: try: a = codecs.open(fname, "r", self.view.settings().get('fallback_encoding').rpartition('(')[2].partition(')')[0]).read().splitlines() except UnicodeDecodeError: sublime.status_message("Diff only works with UTF-8 files") return

0 Likes

Double clicking a folder in the sidebar should unfold it (and fold if it is unfolded). Clicking on this small gray arrow is not very comfortable.

0 Likes

0 Likes

+10000 (+ekolguy’s 100)

0 Likes

Aren’t we running out of free bindings by now?

0 Likes

When will I be able to use the arrow keys in the file/folder panel?
And when will there be little icons in that same panel to create file/directory in the hierarchy?

I requested this months ago!

Please implement :smiley:

0 Likes

[quote=“gregmax17”]When will I be able to use the arrow keys in the file/folder panel?
And when will there be little icons in that same panel to create file/directory in the hierarchy?

I requested this months ago!

Please implement :smiley:[/quote]

Please don’t add toolbars /icons.
But, I do agree with adding arrow keys support to navigate the sidebar.

0 Likes

I think there needs to be a file delete confirmation dialog, or else some important file will be deleted by accident sooner or later.
Ideally, this should work as in “delete from project”, not deleting the file physically.

0 Likes

I’m not seeing this - when I create the second window, then the second window receives input focus, and I can type there as normal. I can click between windows and type in either, and closing the second window doesn’t not appear to cause a crash. Also testing on Ubuntu 10.10. This wasn’t happening for you on build 2042?[/quote]

Could you check this?
youtu.be/8OWhKG60qPk
It was ok before… I’m not sure what is the problem, because even I downgrade it, or upgrade it, same problem again… the video is on 2039…
It may other software’s bug. but it happen only on Sublimetext. not other text editor, Geany, gedit, and so on…

0 Likes

Dev Build 2045 is out now with a couple of small changes. This should be the last dev build before the next regular version.

0 Likes

I was puzzled because none of the new features seemed to work. It turns out, Sublime still can’t sync with certain shares, right?

0 Likes

I don’t know of any outstanding issues with network shares

0 Likes

I had to hit “Refresh Folders” for the new changes to be displayed on the sidebar. I’ll try to come up with a repro.

0 Likes

Oh, I see what you’re saying. If you’re on a windows machine, and the share is a Samba share, then you’re reliant on Samba’s implementation of ReadDirectoryChangesW, which I believe is not supported.

0 Likes

Why don’t I get the same context-menu options (rename, diff, etc) with the open files in the sidebar?
In the sidebar, what is the difference between “Delete folder” and “Remove folder”. “Delete folder” did nothing, as far as I can tell?

0 Likes

Usability nitpick:

“Delete Folder” vs. “Remove Folder” is not clear enough, I think. The proximity of “Delete Folder” to “New Folder…” makes it clear after a few times, but perhaps “Remove Folder” could be changed into “Remove from Project”.

0 Likes

“Remove folder” gone but “Delete folder” still does nothing.

0 Likes

Delete folder will do an rmdir on the directory. You’ll see a message in the status bar if the directory is not empty.

Remove folder will remove the folder from the sidebar. As Guillermooo mentions, these names are too ambiguous; I’ll change remove folder to something else.

0 Likes

[quote=“lashtal”]I think there needs to be a file delete confirmation dialog, or else some important file will be deleted by accident sooner or later.
Ideally, this should work as in “delete from project”, not deleting the file physically.[/quote]

Aye, please! Or at least an option to enable a confirmation dialog.

0 Likes