Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2048

Dev Build 2048 is out now, for your testing pleasure.

The biggest change isn’t user visible: I’ve changed the UI coordinate system to floating point, from integers. The only user visible difference should be that scrollbar pucks now have subpixel precision, but it’s unlikely you’ll be able to notice the difference (the change was done for other reasons). There may be some bugs from this that cause some graphics to be blurry - please let me know if you notice any regressions.

On OS X, I’ve change the mouse bindings, to correct an oversight that ctrl+click didn’t show a context menu. They’re now:

• Option+Left Mouse: Column Selection
  • Command+Left Mouse: Additive Selection
  • Command+Shift+Left Mouse: Subtractive Selection

As a result of this, right mouse + shift no longer does a column selection on OS X, as it’s not compatible with the above options.

The final change of note is the behavior of ctrl+left/right has been changed on Windows and Linux: it now stops on the left side of words when moving left, and the right side when moving right (this is the current behavior on OS X).

0 Likes

Nice. I was about to report the osx mouse binding issue and there’s already a fix :smile: Alway way ahead. Thanks.

0 Likes

It seems like the UI forgets to update it’s gfx some times. I’ll try to show you here:
dl.dropbox.com/u/587049/Sublime% … ements.mov

This does also show up when updating regions after hitting a key combo. 1 out of 5 times does not update correctly. I have to move the cursor one char and the region gets updated properly. It also seems to go deeper as I cannot switch thru states anymore with my highlight_code_remarks plugin, when that happens. After going one char left or right, the area gets updated and I can switch as usually. Sometimes I also have to write a char.

0 Likes

I can’t open a file from the sidebar. Rolled back to 2046.

0 Likes

Build 2049 is out now addressing the above issues - thanks for the reports

0 Likes

So now… With floating point numbers, we should be able to get ourselves a smooth scroll plugin?

0 Likes

Thanks - UI is fine again :smile:.
Later on I’ll report on the set_timeout issue - up until now it seems to be fine.

0 Likes

Jon, when you’re at it with updating the UI… can you please add an update for the status bar after set_status and erase_status have been called? Currently the status bar seems to only update on some events. So after executing set_status I have to move the cursor until I see the new status in the status bar.
Or shall I open an report on userecho?

0 Likes

Up until now the changes you made seem to be really good! Sublime responses as fast as I like it - even with “thousands” of set_timeouts :wink:.

0 Likes

It’s something I’m working towards. The coordinate system change isn’t required for smooth scrolling per-se, as you never want to scroll text by less than a pixel, but it does allow me to unify scrolling code between the text view and the rest of the UI toolkit.

0 Likes

[quote=“theblacklion”]It seems like the UI forgets to update it’s gfx some times. I’ll try to show you here:
dl.dropbox.com/u/587049/Sublime% … ements.mov

This does also show up when updating regions after hitting a key combo. 1 out of 5 times does not update correctly. I have to move the cursor one char and the region gets updated properly. It also seems to go deeper as I cannot switch thru states anymore with my highlight_code_remarks plugin, when that happens. After going one char left or right, the area gets updated and I can switch as usually. Sometimes I also have to write a char.[/quote]

This is something I’m still seeing (I’m running 2053). It manifests itself most frequently when I’m using the find functionality—I’ll press cmd+g to go to the next occurrence, and if highlighting the next occurrence doesn’t require scrolling the view, the view just doesn’t update. I have to manually scroll or move the cursor in order to get a repaint. If I close the view and re-open it, it’ll work again for a while.
Let me know if there’s some more data I can get you.

0 Likes