Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2048

Dev Build 2048 is out now, for your testing pleasure.

The biggest change isnā€™t user visible: Iā€™ve changed the UI coordinate system to floating point, from integers. The only user visible difference should be that scrollbar pucks now have subpixel precision, but itā€™s unlikely youā€™ll be able to notice the difference (the change was done for other reasons). There may be some bugs from this that cause some graphics to be blurry - please let me know if you notice any regressions.

On OS X, Iā€™ve change the mouse bindings, to correct an oversight that ctrl+click didnā€™t show a context menu. Theyā€™re now:

• Option+Left Mouse: Column Selection
  • Command+Left Mouse: Additive Selection
  • Command+Shift+Left Mouse: Subtractive Selection

As a result of this, right mouse + shift no longer does a column selection on OS X, as itā€™s not compatible with the above options.

The final change of note is the behavior of ctrl+left/right has been changed on Windows and Linux: it now stops on the left side of words when moving left, and the right side when moving right (this is the current behavior on OS X).

0 Likes

Nice. I was about to report the osx mouse binding issue and thereā€™s already a fix :smile: Alway way ahead. Thanks.

0 Likes

It seems like the UI forgets to update itā€™s gfx some times. Iā€™ll try to show you here:
dl.dropbox.com/u/587049/Sublime% ā€¦ ements.mov

This does also show up when updating regions after hitting a key combo. 1 out of 5 times does not update correctly. I have to move the cursor one char and the region gets updated properly. It also seems to go deeper as I cannot switch thru states anymore with my highlight_code_remarks plugin, when that happens. After going one char left or right, the area gets updated and I can switch as usually. Sometimes I also have to write a char.

0 Likes

I canā€™t open a file from the sidebar. Rolled back to 2046.

0 Likes

Build 2049 is out now addressing the above issues - thanks for the reports

0 Likes

So nowā€¦ With floating point numbers, we should be able to get ourselves a smooth scroll plugin?

0 Likes

Thanks - UI is fine again :smile:.
Later on Iā€™ll report on the set_timeout issue - up until now it seems to be fine.

0 Likes

Jon, when youā€™re at it with updating the UIā€¦ can you please add an update for the status bar after set_status and erase_status have been called? Currently the status bar seems to only update on some events. So after executing set_status I have to move the cursor until I see the new status in the status bar.
Or shall I open an report on userecho?

0 Likes

Up until now the changes you made seem to be really good! Sublime responses as fast as I like it - even with ā€œthousandsā€ of set_timeouts :wink:.

0 Likes

Itā€™s something Iā€™m working towards. The coordinate system change isnā€™t required for smooth scrolling per-se, as you never want to scroll text by less than a pixel, but it does allow me to unify scrolling code between the text view and the rest of the UI toolkit.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œtheblacklionā€]It seems like the UI forgets to update itā€™s gfx some times. Iā€™ll try to show you here:
dl.dropbox.com/u/587049/Sublime% ā€¦ ements.mov

This does also show up when updating regions after hitting a key combo. 1 out of 5 times does not update correctly. I have to move the cursor one char and the region gets updated properly. It also seems to go deeper as I cannot switch thru states anymore with my highlight_code_remarks plugin, when that happens. After going one char left or right, the area gets updated and I can switch as usually. Sometimes I also have to write a char.[/quote]

This is something Iā€™m still seeing (Iā€™m running 2053). It manifests itself most frequently when Iā€™m using the find functionalityā€”Iā€™ll press cmd+g to go to the next occurrence, and if highlighting the next occurrence doesnā€™t require scrolling the view, the view just doesnā€™t update. I have to manually scroll or move the cursor in order to get a repaint. If I close the view and re-open it, itā€™ll work again for a while.
Let me know if thereā€™s some more data I can get you.

0 Likes