Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2050

Dev Build 2050 is out now. Mostly a collection of a few small fixes, however bracket matching is now finally smart enough to ignore brackets in comments and strings.

This will get promoted into a regular build tomorrow, unless something comes up.

0 Likes

Cool, thanks for the update Jon. Question about ‘Added “:;” pairing in CSS’. With the brace matching, you can type over a closing curly brace and it won’t add another. Is there a clean way to get past the semi-colon without having to use the arrow key? If not, would you be able to add in the “overtype” feature for semi-colons? (not sure what the real name is)

0 Likes

Yeah, what he said… this could get a bit frustrating otherwise.

0 Likes

Will do

0 Likes

Hello Jon!

There are still a couple of bugs under latest Ubuntu dev version. I tried to explain them here: twitpic.com/4a91vo Especially not being able to use single instance is painful.

Thanks!

0 Likes

I’m not planning on addressing any Natty related issues until it’s released, otherwise I’ll just be chasing a moving target - this has already happened with global menu support.

0 Likes

Thanks for fixing “view.set_status() and view.erase_status() not refreshing the status bar” :smile:.

0 Likes

OK, I get the point. But what about single instance support? Will we have it for Natty?

0 Likes

I don’t know, I’ll have to investigate what’s going on. It’s working fine on my test versions (alpha2 and alpha3).

0 Likes

Seeing as single instance support on Linux was brought up, I remember awhile back you were talking about implementing it via dbus rather than gtk. Any update on that? No single instance support is rough.

EDIT: I just tried seeing if I could update to a newer version of libgio and I think I’m actually using 2.6. libgio-2.0.so.0.2600.1 is v2.6 no? I’m not actually getting the message either saying my version of libgio is causing the single instance functionality to be disabled though it’s still not working. Any ideas?

0 Likes

“Go to anything” shows deleted files.

0 Likes

Could you run with --debug and email me the output?

0 Likes

Sure. Anything you need me to do specifically beyond trying to open a new file? And are you sure you want me to e-mail it? It was only 37 lines of output.

0 Likes

Hello

I’m running latest 2050 build on Linux. When I have a project open, and I right click on a folder, the ‘New File’ link is disabled. Is this a bug or just not yet coded?

0 Likes

Can you support showing the context menu via the keyboard (on Windows it’s the VK_MENU key)? Should display at the caret position, not mouse cursor location. Thanks.

0 Likes

It sounds like there’s an issue with python initialisation - can you run it from the command line with --debug, and email me the output?

0 Likes

Not sure if you missed my reply or not, so I guess here is what it spit out.

~ $ src/ST2/sublime_text --debug

main.cc:746 main startup, version: 2050 linux x64 channel: dev main.cc:760 main executable: /home/andrew/src/ST2/sublime_text main.cc:761 main working dir: /home/andrew main.cc:762 main packages path: /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages main.cc:763 main settings path: /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Settings package_setup.cc:83 should_run_package_setup PackageSetup not required main.cc:452 async_file_read error parsing session: No data at: 0:0 python_support.cc:157 python_init Py_GetProgramName(): sublime_text python_support.cc:158 python_init Py_GetExecPrefix(): . python_support.cc:159 python_init Py_GetProgramFullPath(): python_support.cc:160 python_init Py_GetPath(): ./lib/python26.zip:./lib/python2.6/:./lib/python2.6/plat-linux2:./lib/python2.6/lib-tk:./lib/python2.6/lib-old:./lib/python2.6/lib-dynload python_support.cc:161 python_init Py_GetPythonHome(): . main.cc:168 catalogue_ready catalogue loaded load_value.cc:150 load_value_operation found 1 files for base name Default.sublime-theme load_value.cc:150 load_value_operation found 3 files for base name Default (Linux).sublime-keymap load_value.cc:150 load_value_operation found 2 files for base name Default (Linux).sublime-mousemap load_value.cc:150 load_value_operation found 1 files for base name Main.sublime-menu Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/comment.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/copy_path.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/delete_word.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/detect_indentation.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/duplicate_line.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/echo.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/exec.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/find_under_expand.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/font.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/goto_line.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/indentation.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/kill_ring.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/mark.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/new_templates.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/paragraph.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/save_on_focus_lost.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/scroll.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/side_bar.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/sort.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/swap_line.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/switch_file.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/transform.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/transpose.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/trim_trailing_white_space.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Diff/diff.py Reloading plugin /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/HTML/html_completions.py main.cc:495 value_loaded loading bindings main.cc:546 value_loaded loading pointer bindings theme.cc:189 texture_loaded theme loaded main.cc:237 callback_finished app ready snippet_manager.cpp:108 attachSnippets loaded 933 snippets

~ $ src/ST2/sublime_text --debug .bashrc

main.cc:746 main startup, version: 2050 linux x64 channel: dev main.cc:760 main executable: /home/andrew/src/ST2/sublime_text main.cc:761 main working dir: /home/andrew main.cc:762 main packages path: /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages main.cc:763 main settings path: /home/andrew/.config/sublime-text-2/Settings
This results in 2 instances of Sublime.

~ $ locate libgio

/usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so.0 /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so.0.2600.1
Pretty sure that’s v2.6 of libgio and I don’t get any errors or notices about single instance functionality being disabled.

0 Likes

When you say two instances, what do you mean, exactly? The output for the second command indicates that the file was opened in the existing window - otherwise it would be identical to the output for the first command. i.e., there should be a bunch of lines about reloading plugins, and finally an ‘app ready’ line.

0 Likes

The first command opens Sublime how I left it last. So there are a handful of php files open and a project. When I type the second command (opening .bashrc) it doesn’t open that file in the window with all the php files open. It’s opening the file in a new window with only that file open. I interpreted the single instance functionality as when I type the command to open .bashrc it would open it in the currently open window.

I mean I see the difference but I guess I don’t see what the point of it is other than the second window opening faster? If I’m trying to open another file from the command line I really don’t want an entire new window 99% of the time. What exactly is the -n flag for if that’s the only way it can possibly behave?

0 Likes

It should be opening the file in the same window by default, yes (it does for me, FWIW). It does seem the issue at hand is that it seems to be thinking you’re passing in -n when you’re not though, rather than single instance support not working.

0 Likes