Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2052

Can you let me know the platform, and what type of mouse it is? (especially if it’s one of the microsoft mice with a detent-less scroll wheel)

0 Likes

Ah sorry, Arch Linux x86_64. I’m not sure if it’s the type of mouse you mentioned in parenthesis, but it’s a Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse.

0 Likes

I have the same behaviour like Anomareh.

Windows 7 32bit, Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 and Logitech Bluetooth MX Revolution Laser Mouse (same result with both devices).

0 Likes

I get similar behaviour.

It looks like it wants to scroll, but it just jumps. No scrolls.

I don’t have a special mouse, just one of the standards that come with Dell computers.

0 Likes

Mine’s the same. But I can’t think of why one would need to see the text scrolling while jumping from line 1. to line 784. in 150 milliseconds. :smile:

0 Likes

IMHO, it really help the navigation by giving a feedback of the direction you jump and the distance (by speed). And it’s visually nice to see…

It look there is some strange behavior in the Goto Symbol and Goto Line command:
If I remember well, before 2052 the buffer was updated immediately when you navigate in the Symbol list or you type a line number.
Now, sometimes it updated, sometimes not, depend if the line to show is already in the visible region of the buffer or not.

And I’ve the same behavior with mouse wheel as other already reported here.

startup, version: 2052 windows x64 channel: dev

0 Likes

…and Goto Anything hang with 100% cpu usage when I try to enter a filename (in a big project)

Revert to 2050 and everything work fine again.

0 Likes

I get the following when trying to run sublime_text build 2052:

$ ./sublime_text
./sublime_text: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14’ not found (required by ./sublime_text)

$ uname -a
Linux tambellini-desktop 2.6.32-29-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Feb 11 20:52:10 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

0 Likes

There are a couple of things to be mended in Goto Anything. Mine is becoming more and more clogged with deleted files. Userecho: sublimetext.userecho.com/feedbac … ted-files/

0 Likes

I’m seeing this behavior too: I’m using a Magic Trackpad and running ST2x64 portable in a Win7 VM in VMware Fusion. Previous builds scrolled smoothly; this build scrolls jerkily. It does scroll decently smoothly if I do something like Find Next, but it doesn’t scroll smoothly when I scroll with the trackpad. Scrolling with the trackpad works great in OS X.

0 Likes

The behavior when moving the mouse wheel fast is working as designed. If you would like more visible scrolling to happen, change the scroll speed to something slower, such as 0.2.

bizoo: will fix the issue with the buffer not updating with goto anything. I have not yet been able to trigger any 100% CPU usage scenarios however.

atambo: that’s an oversight (2052 64 bit linux was built under a different environment), will resolve for the next build.

adzenith: it sounds like the magic trackpad is manipulating the fake scroll bars, rather than sending mouse wheel messages. The fake scroll bars won’t interact nicely with smooth scrolling, I’ll fix that for the next version.

0 Likes

Smooth scrolling should definitely be disabled by default then. The blinking is counterproductive.

0 Likes

What blinking?

0 Likes

The behavior that everyone is describing that you said is intended. Sorry, jumping a better way to describe it I guess?

0 Likes

Just thought I’d chime in and say the scrolling is smooth here…
Win 7x64 G5 Mouse

0 Likes

Just came across something with the scrolling, are you sure it’s desired behavior? If I split the view in half horizontally, the fast scrolling works just fine. If I unsplit the view or make the other view as small as possible it goes back to jumping. It seems it just has trouble rendering everything in the single view and doesn’t have anything to do with the scrolling because although the view is smaller it’s still scrolling the same amount of lines.

EDIT: I think I’ve tied the jumping on my end to my theme. I have a background color set for comments and it seems to be the cause. If I remove all comments that span more than a few lines or change themes it stops jumping. Might this be related to the font rendering bug I reported a little while back? Seemingly caused by the background color being set for comments as well.

0 Likes

That scrolling behavior must not be intended. I have mouse with mousewheel that can be switched into free scroll mode (without clicks). If I rev it up in long document I will see weird behavior:

• nothing happens visually when mouse wheel is spinning fast but eventually, after few seconds, document will appear scrolled to the end.
  • when wheel starts slowing down, sumblime will eventually start updating scrolled position visually but scrolling is very jerky
  • when wheel spins very slow, I can finally see proper smooth scrolling for a while

“Free scroll” mode is not required to reproduce. Same can be reproduced by doing quick scroll movements. Also, doing quick scroll movement should scroll more than slow done by the same amount. Not sure if it works like that right now.

I’m on windows with Logitech Anywhere MX.

0 Likes

Did everyone having issues with the scrolling try lowering their scrolling setting?
Going down to 0.1 maybe might have helped rather than disabling the whole thing.

I just hate to see smooth scrolling disappear.

0 Likes

I’ve seen two strange things on OSX with 2052:

• Sometimes when doing bigger jumps the view moves too far and bounces back at each row movement. Similar to the problem textmate had the last time I tried…
  • Doing something like our scroll offset plugins do (keeping the cursor some lines away from the top or bottom border) lets it do big jumps cause the cursor is being moved at the border edge and not somewhere in the middle of the view. Hitting page up multiple times seems to multiply the speed of the page skipping.

Sorry for not being able to describe those properly…
Should I try to make a video?

0 Likes

In 2053 smooth scroll is gone. I just wanted to ask whether it’d be back… it’s my main reason t switching to sublime…

0 Likes