Sublime Forum

Main-file in project and more

Hi,

I bought Sublime Text a while ago and I’m using it (or actually, enjoying it) for doing some development with Python and writing with LaTeX (among other things, still fitting it to my workflow).

I have a two small questions which i hope you can answer for me:

-Is it possible to specify a main file for a project (to build from)? This would save me some(sometimes a lot) clicking around between open files when trying to build/run a larger project.

-In ST 1.4, the items in the Tools->Snippets menu had the snippet-shortcut to the right of the title. In the alpha version, I don’t see this. Is it possible to turn it on, or is it not implemented yet (And will it be? Its a good reference when editing new languages with ST. Any reference sheet will do, of course, but it was a quick way).

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel

0 Likes

Have you tried hardcoding the path in the build system? As a matter of fact, build systems are a fancy name for conf files for the “exec” commands, so you could write your own wrapper so that it reads data from an .ini file or something similar.

However, I think you can do what you’re after with build systems too.

Not ideal, but if “tab_completion” is false and you press ctrl+spacebar, snippets should bubble up to the top of the autocomplete list (for partial matches), so you can “explore” available snippets like that to some extent…

0 Likes

As far as LaTeX is concerned, I plan on implementing a “Set Main File” command… please be patient :smile: You can always check for progress (or lack thereof) at

github.com/SublimeText/LaTeXTools

0 Likes

Hi,

Compared to having a simple optional parameter in the project file named “main file” or so, it would be rather tedious. It sounds like it could work, but wouldn’t it require me to write a build system for each project?

Ah didn’t notice that when using autocomplete, but seems to work fine (as you say its only to some extent, but ok for a start)

[quote=“Marciano”]As far as LaTeX is concerned, I plan on implementing a “Set Main File” command… please be patient :smile: You can always check for progress (or lack thereof) at

github.com/SublimeText/LaTeXTools[/quote]

Ah I didn’t notice LaTeXTools before, i’ll have a look.

Thanks to both of you for your answers :smile:

0 Likes