Dev Build 2055
is out now.
Tab completion has received an overhaul, and is now on by default. The changes are:
* It's no longer case sensitive. The ranking function takes case into account though, so it will prefer matches that match the case you input. e.g., 'sr' , 'SR', and 'sR' can all complete to different things, depending on what the candidates are.
* A tab can always be inserted by pressing the tab key twice. There is a downside to this, with regards to snippets: if you insert a snippet, then press tab immediately to traverse to the next field, the snippet will be reverted and a tab will be inserted. You can work around this by issuing another command between the two tabs, such as typing or pressing an arrow key. This behaviour can be removed by editing the key bindings.
* If pressing tab doesn't insert the completion you want it to, then you can press Ctrl+Space immediately afterwards, the completion will be backed out, and the auto complete window will be shown.
* Tab completion no longer makes use of the Ctrl+Space selection history. This means it won't learn what you want, but the tradeoff is more deterministic behaviour. The old behaviour was causing confusing completions to be inserted in some circumstances.
There are also a couple of frequently requested items in this build:
* There's now a global setting, remember_open_files, to have the last set of files not re-opened at startup.
* The disclosure buttons (i.e., the triangles) in the sidebar now have much bigger hit regions, making pressing them less error prone