Sublime Forum

Creating/converting a textmate bundle?

Is there a forum post/document that describes how to convert a TextMate bundle into a sublime package?

I’d like to convert my Euphoria language bundle into something I can use with Sublime.

I’ve searched and seen bits and pieces about this, but I was just hoping for a definitive page/document I could have on hand as I converted the syntax files.

Thank you!

0 Likes

I too would like some more information on this subject.
It’s been a few months since this thread started and it had no replies yet.

Personally I’d like to convert this bundle: github.com/masterzen/puppet-textmate-bundle, to add Puppet syntax highlighting support.
Tried dragging and dropping the contents of the bundle inside a new directory. It shows up in the menu but when I load the syntax there’s no highlighting whatsoever.

I have no clue where to begin debugging due to lack of documentation.

0 Likes

I recently converted the TextMate SCSS bundle to a Sublime package. Compare the two branches:

github.com/kuroir/SCSS/tree/TextMate
github.com/kuroir/SCSS/tree/SublimeText2

Basically, snippets can stay in a sub folder, everything else comes out into the root of the package. TM commands don’t work in ST, so you’ll have to either port them or lose them. See the following thread for a few more bits of info:

Also, make sure you don’t have any characters in filenames that are incompatible with Windows in there (Sublime is cross-platform, remember).

Let me know if you have any further questions.

0 Likes

Alright thanks!
That’ll surely got me somewhere.

0 Likes

[quote=“charlesroper”]
Basically, snippets can stay in a sub folder, everything else comes out into the root of the package.[/quote]

Actually, I have discovered that you can also put keymaps and tmPreference files in subfolders.

0 Likes

So I found and have a bundle mostly working… but for some reason this:

<key>name</key>
    <string>Euphoria</string>
    <key>scopeName</key>
    <string>source.euphoria</string>
    <key>fileTypes</key>
    <array>
        <string>e</string>
        <string>ex</string>
        <string>exw</string>
        <string>exu</string>
    </array

Is only working for the first item in the array of fileTypes. Syntax high lighting seems to only occur for .e files. Any ideas?

0 Likes