Sublime Forum

TortoiseSVN, TortoiseGit and TortoiseHg Plugin

Nope, hg.exe is the standard Mercurial binary, not the TortoisHg that I suppose this plugin need.

Sorry I donā€™t have a TortoisHg installed and couldnā€™t install it.
Look for something like hgqt.exe or thgqt.exe

But maybe the command line parameters as changed and the plugin is not compatible.

0 Likes

@firefusion

Iā€™ve updated the plugin to work with the new exe filename for TortoiseHg 2.x. You can grab the latest version from github.com/wbond/sublime_tortoi ā€¦ all/master.

0 Likes

Ok the context menu items show up but itā€™s still not working. Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m meant to have in Tortoise.sublime-settings. If I uncomment the default and change the file name to thgā€¦

{ "hg_hgtk_path": r"C:\Program Files\TortoiseHg\thg.exe", }

I get this errorā€¦

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/497583/screenshots/st-tor.png

If I fix it to what I think it should be it doesnā€™t work.

{ "hg_hgtk_path": "C:\\Program Files\\TortoiseHg\\thg.exe" }

0 Likes

@firefusion

You are good at finding all of my bugs. :smile: Sorry for all of the little glitches along the way. I have fixed the plugin so the example settings file is correct and so that settings are properly used. Be sure to grab the latest zip from github.com/wbond/sublime_tortoi ā€¦ all/master.

That said, you should not need to set anything in your Tortoise.sublime-settings since you have TortoiseHg installed in a default location.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œwbondā€]@firefusion

You are good at finding all of my bugs. :smile:[/quote]

Yeah sorry :smile:

Still no luck with the new build and no lines in the sublime-settings file. I did notice that if I launch thg.exe manually it opens the tortoise workbench after the command line. I tried change the plugin to just hg.exe as it looked like the only other files that it might be but still no luck :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

@firefusion

What does your console say?

Try commenting out all of the settings in Tortoise.sublime-settings and see if it works. I was successfully running TortoiseHg with custom settings and with default settings on the latest version of Sublime Tortoise.

0 Likes

Ok this is what it says on startup with a fresh tortoise download and without the custom path setting active. No error or anything is output when I try any of the commands (via right click or shortcut).

startup, version: 2050 windows x64 channel: dev executable: /C/Program Files/Sublime Text 2/sublime_text.exe working dir: /C/Windows/system32 packages path: /C/Users/robin/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2/Packages settings path: /C/Users/robin/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2/Settings error parsing session: No data at: 0:0 PackageSetup not required catalogue loaded found 1 files for base name Default.sublime-theme found 6 files for base name Default (Windows).sublime-keymap found 1 files for base name Default (Windows).sublime-mousemap found 1 files for base name Main.sublime-menu Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\comment.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\copy_path.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\delete_word.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\detect_indentation.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\duplicate_line.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\echo.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\exec.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\find_under_expand.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\font.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\goto_line.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\indentation.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\kill_ring.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\mark.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\new_templates.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\paragraph.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\save_on_focus_lost.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\scroll.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\side_bar.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\sort.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\swap_line.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\switch_file.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\transform.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\transpose.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\trim_trailing_white_space.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Diff\diff.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\HTML\html_completions.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\HTML\zen_core.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Tortoise\Tortoise.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\ZenCoding\A1Zen.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\ZenCoding\dynamicsnippets.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\ZenCoding\initzen.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\ZenCoding\multizen.py Reloading plugin C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\ZenCoding\zc.py loading bindings loading pointer bindings theme loaded app ready loaded 1147 snippets

If i try with the custom path setting nothing happens still on keyboard commands or using the right click items.

Writing file /C/Users/robin/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2/Packages/Tortoise/Tortoise.sublime-settings with encoding UTF-8
reloading /C/Users/robin/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2/Packages/Tortoise/Tortoise.sublime-settings
0 Likes

@firefusion

So there are entries in the right-click menu?

Please paste the following into your console

sublime.log_commands(True)

Then try typing ctrl+alt+c. You should see the following in your console.

command: tortoise_commit

If you donā€™t, your keyboard settings must be messed up.

You can also explicitly run the commit command by pasting the following into your console. You will need to have a file open from your Hg repository for this to work.

sublime.active_window().active_view().run_command('tortoise_commit')

Iā€™m not sure where to go debugging from there. I am running the same OS, same version of Sublime and the same version of TortoiseHg as you, and everything works perfectly fine.

0 Likes

It does indeed list the commands in the log as itā€™s meant to (command: tortoise_commit etc). The command to explicitly commit did nothing iā€™m afraid. I tried removing any plugins I had in sublime but no luck. Iā€™ll keep playing and let you know if I ever fix it :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

Does this depend on Tortoise* for getting the functionality it needs? In other words, would it be possible to make it run on linux, where there are no tortoises :smile: ?

0 Likes

@quesada

Yes, it does depend on Tortoise, specifically because all the plugin does it launch the various Tortoise* dialog windows.

For most Linux users I would imagine it would probably be most useful just to open the terminal in the root of the repository. I vaguely recall there being development of a Nautilus plugin like TortoiseSVN, but I donā€™t know the progress of that. If it was in a usable state, it probably wouldnā€™t be too much work to adapt the plugin to launch the Nautilus plugin.

0 Likes

I just fixed a bug with the detection of the svn binary path, which is used for the context menu. If you get a chance, let me know if the latest version works for you. Thanks!

0 Likes

Sorry itā€™s a while since I last checked this thread. With the latest version of tortoisehg and sublime itā€™s not even showing the right click menu anymore.

0 Likes

@firefusion

Is there still nothing in the ST2 console?

0 Likes

Within the past few days I fixed some bugs with this package, including issues with file paths that contain spaces, and an issue with file statuses not being properly cached. I hoping this should resolve the issues for a number of people. There are some settings that allow turning off the context menus, but also a debug setting in case users are having performance issues with the menus.

There is now a new preferred way to upgrade the plugin. Iā€™ve just finished writing a package manager that includes auto update functionality. If you install Package Control (wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control) and run Upgrade Package and select Tortoise, youā€™ll then automatically get upgraded whenever a new version comes out.

There is also now a webpage that includes some screenshots and documentation for the plugin. You can check it out at wbond.net/sublime_packages/tortoise.

0 Likes

Yay! This plugin finally works for me!

Thank you :smile:

0 Likes

If you are using this plugin with TortoiseHg, I highly recommend you upgrade to version 1.1.4. Quite a few mercurial-specific bugs were fixed, and file paths with spaces no longer show the cmd window while the TortoiseHg window is open.

0 Likes

Any chance of getting this plugin to support ā€œGit Extensionsā€ as it is far better than TortoiseGit on windows.

0 Likes

Unfortunately I no longer use WIndows on a regular basis. If someone wants to work on that, it would probably make more sense to fork this and create a gitextensions-specific plugin.

0 Likes

Hello.
Is there a chance to fix a bug that wont allow you to use non-ascii characters in user account name, example:

But anyway Iā€™ve tested it on another user and I have to say that this plugin is purely great :smile:

0 Likes