Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2057

Dev Build 2057 is out now, with a few tweaks, and a change to tab completion.

I’ve removed the double-tab-to-insert-a-tab behavior, because of the conflicts it created. It’s been replaced with a simpler shift+tab binding to insert a tab.

Visually, the contrast between the tabs and the tab background has also been increased.

0 Likes

Yes! Works great, thanks.

0 Likes

But, but… shift+tab is supposed to be used for un-indenting. That’s pretty much a standard shortcut by now.

0 Likes

I’m not sure if I did something, but I can’t seem to get any build scripts to run. I haven’t changed anything since the upgrade to 2057. Now, when I press F7 I see the output window pop up but none of my build scripts are actually running.

0 Likes

I just checked with a couple co-workers and they are having the same problem with the build command. They’re both on OS X.

0 Likes

Aye, shift+tab is worse than tab,tab :s

0 Likes

exec.py is simply missing an “import sys” at the top.

0 Likes

@guillermooo, that fixed it. Thanks!

0 Likes

Shift+Tab will unindent if multiple lines are selected. This matches the tab behaviour, and the Sublime Text 1.x behaviour.

Ctrl+ (Command+ on OS X) is another alternative to unindent, which works in any situation.

0 Likes

Shift+tab also interferes with traversing snippet fields backwards. But it happens only when you are in the first field and try to move back so it isn’t such an issue.

0 Likes

2058 is out now with a fix for exec.py

0 Likes

Yeah I use shift+tab to un-indent the current line all the time. Is there a preference or something to get this back?

0 Likes

This keybinding seems to have fixed my wagon:

{"keys": "shift+tab"], "command": "unindent"}
0 Likes

Using 2058, I have the following on my settings:

[code] // Set to false for horizontal scrolling
“word_wrap”: true,

// Set to a value other than 0 to force wrapping at that column rather than the
// window width
"wrap_width": 0,

[/code]

But python files ignore this. They do not wrap to window size. All other filetypes seem to do ok. Is this a bug, or maybe I have some setting wrong somewhere?

Oh, and a feature request. Can we have automatic backups?

Thanks

0 Likes

Me too. I’d prefer ST keeps the default behavior for shift-tab to unindent for single lines. Which means find a new binding for real tab. Tab-tab seems fine to me.

0 Likes