Sublime Forum

Ubuntu 11.04

Now that Ubuntu 11.04 is out, is anyone still experiencing issues with the global menu in Unity?

There were issues with the global menu not updating properly in the betas, but here everything is now working fine, at least with Unity 2D (I’m currently unable to run Unity properly due to driver issues).

0 Likes

Just installed Ubuntu 11.04 earlier today, and I’ve had no problems with the menu with the full Unity. Is there anything special I should look for / test?

Edit:
I have a question, though. How can I add Sublime to the launcher? If i start the program, right click it in the launcher and press “Keep in launcher”, it simply doesn’t start if I close Sublime and click in the launcher.

0 Likes

Could you please consider supporting AppMenu (in ubuntu 10.04 & 10.10) too? Build 2058 currently doesn’t display any menu item on it.

0 Likes

I second that. Appmenu support for 10.10 would be really appreciated.
Thanks.

0 Likes

I’m using Ubuntu 10.10 with gnome2-globalmenu, and there is no issue with it.

(http://i.imgur.com/oR9DT.png)

0 Likes

[quote=“katselphrime”]I’m using Ubuntu 10.10 with gnome2-globalmenu, and there is no issue with it.

(http://i.imgur.com/oR9DT.png)

Thanks for that! I was actually using the Indicator Applet Appmenu, which didn’t display anything. Changed to gnome2-globalmenu and it works as advertised. Thanks again![/quote]

0 Likes

I use debian 6.0 (fluxbox), “preferences”->“Broswe Projects” can’t work.

0 Likes

Is there have any “debug” method or logs ?

0 Likes

fred: The underlying GTK function ‘gtk_open_uri’ is used for that. I’m surprised it doesn’t work, but I haven’t done any testing with fluxbox. You can look at the stderr output to see if GTK is printing anything there (Sublime Text itself doesn’t print anything in this scenario).

0 Likes

I currently have a few difficulties with sublime text on ubuntu 11.10

When I start sublime it will not show in the taskswitcher (alt-tab) but I’m unsure if it is the unity-plugin’s taskswitcher, it won’t show in the unity sidebar either.
The mainmenu works perfectly, but a texteditor without alt-tab is a bit hard to use :unamused:

0 Likes

okay, nevermind that, I had the same “I need to reboot before I worl”-effekt.

strange…

0 Likes