Sublime Forum

Drag a Folder Over Dock Icon Behavior [Mac OS X]

If you drag a folder over the Dock icon in TextMate it opens up what is essentially a new instance/window with that folder / files and only that folder and files.

When I tried it in Sublime it added the folder to my current open instance (last focused). Is this something that can be changed or set as a preference somewhere to be more like TextMate?

Thanks,
Christopher

0 Likes

Opening folder using dock icon does not open sidebar

Deadly need this (at least configurable) too, as I have many “mini” project everyday.

0 Likes

I third this request.

0 Likes

Yep, +1 for this again.

0 Likes

What about dragging a file over the dock - does anyone have a preference with regards to this opening the file in a new window vs. the last used window? (the current behaviour is to open the file in the last used window).

0 Likes

Is not OSX related, but drag&drop folder when i drop a folder over code area i think it should open as a project. Right now is opened as a regular file (which is not editable, doh).

0 Likes

I’d like a new window. If I want it opened in the current window I can just drag it to there, and if it’s a file from outside the project and it opens in the project window it can get confusing pretty fast.

I think it’d actually be really cool if Sublime, when told to open a file, could detect whether that file exists in the current window’s project, and if not open it in a new window. Even better—if I’ve got multiple windows open to different projects, and I double-click a file in the Finder to open it in Sublime, it would be fantastic if Sublime could tell which project the file is from and open it in that project’s window.

0 Likes

Yip +1 for me too

0 Likes

It’s just implemented in build 2091 ! :mrgreen:

0 Likes