Sublime Forum

Git Plugin in Sublime Text 2

I’m working on a git plugin for Sublime Text 2, see it here: github.com/notanumber/gitst2

So far, I have ‘commit’, ‘add’, ‘rm’, ‘status’, ‘diff’, and ‘reset’ working. Would love to get feedback and suggestions from the community.

Feel free to comment here, or open an issue on Github.

0 Likes

Hi, the plugin sounds great, i just kind of have this error when i try to see the status:

[Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Did i do something wrong?

0 Likes

For me it’s working great… however, the second time I try to diff a file it doesn’t open the diff. For example, open a file that’s in a repository. Do the diff command. Close the diff file. Do the diff command again… nothing happens.

Also, is it possible to make it diff only the open file instead of all the git repo?

0 Likes

iamntz: I believe the error you’re seeing only happens on Windows. Is this the case for you? Unfortunately, I do most of my development in OSX with limited access to Windows. I think it’s caused by the Python interpreter ST2 not being able to issue a git command. I’ll need to set some time aside to dig into this further before I can make a definitive diagnosis and fix it.

Kronuz: I haven’t seen the issue described with doing a diff twice. I’ll investigate that. As for the ability to diff only the current file; this is something that’s on my todo list. Look for this to be added shortly.

0 Likes

I had this same issue - I had to add the full path to git in the script, so not sure which path it’s not picking up.

I’m on OS X and git is in /usr/local/git/bin/git

0 Likes