Sublime Forum

Current development status

Sounds like bullshit creed to me. Apply this to your self. If you aren’t perfect you are useless. If you will die sometime in the future, you should die now. Then you can see it is untrue bullshit.

0 Likes

:open_mouth: We have a creed?!

This can’t possibly be coming out of the mouth of a real developer…have you ever used a piece of software before? If this was true, you must have a computer with nothing installed on it.

0 Likes

[quote=“facelessuser”]

:open_mouth: We have a creed?!

This can’t possibly be coming out of the mouth of a real developer…have you ever used a piece of software before? If this was true, you must have a computer with nothing installed on it.[/quote]

Unfortunately, far too many programmers see the world entirely in black and white. On the other hand, some don’t see irony.

0 Likes

[quote=“bobef”]

This completely ignores the programmers’ creed:

If it isn’t perfect, it’s useless.
If I might have to stop using it sometime in the future, I should stop using it now. (see “deprecated”).

Sounds like bullshit creed to me. Apply this to your self. If you aren’t perfect you are useless. If you will die sometime in the future, you should die now. Then you can see it is untrue bullshit.[/quote]

You saw the implications, but missed the point. Don’t take things so seriously.

0 Likes

[quote=“pete340”]This completely ignores the programmers’ creed:

If it isn’t perfect, it’s useless.
If I might have to stop using it sometime in the future, I should stop using it now. (see “deprecated”).[/quote]

Can’t tell if this was all a joke I missed or not…

Internet needs to develop sarcasm tags…

0 Likes

[quote=“pete340”]
Unfortunately, far too many programmers see the world entirely in black and white. On the other hand, some don’t see irony. [/quote]

there’s so many idiots out there it’s hard to tell who’s a genuine idiot and who’s ‘ironyzing’.

perhaps if you added a smiley it would be easier to tell?! :bulb:

0 Likes

[quote=“moontan”]

[quote=“pete340”]
Unfortunately, far too many programmers see the world entirely in black and white. On the other hand, some don’t see irony. [/quote]

there’s so many idiots out there it’s hard to tell who’s a genuine idiot and who’s ‘ironyzing’.

perhaps if you added a smiley it would be easier to tell?! :bulb:[/quote]

You hit the mail on the head sir.

I have found over exaggeration and/or smilies to help make clear a joke. I assume idiot if I am expected to read minds to tell if a joke is made. I also assume idiot when condescending remarks are made to tell me I didn’t get a joke… Just say "I meant it as a joke ”. Is that so hard?

0 Likes

[quote=“facelessuser”]

[quote=“moontan”]

perhaps if you added a smiley it would be easier to tell?! :bulb:

You hit the mail on the head sir.

I have found over exaggeration and/or smilies to help make clear a joke. I assume idiot if I am expected to read minds to tell if a joke is made. I also assume idiot when condescending remarks are made to tell me I didn’t get a joke… Just say "I meant it as a joke ”. Is that so hard?[/quote]

You post a deliberate and baseless insult, then you complain about getting what you call a condescending reply? Don’t take yourself so seriously.

0 Likes

I’ll give you the “real developer” remark may have been a bit much in retrospect; but I feel the rest was at an appropriate level considering the remark (without context). I can see with the “real developer” remark, the intro seems less playful and more personal, so I’ll call us even. I cannot read your intent any better than you can read mine. I’m not one to go around picking fights on forums, life is too short.

0 Likes

double post

0 Likes

double double post

0 Likes

double double double post

0 Likes

double double double double post

0 Likes

double double double double double post

0 Likes

Holy excessive posting batman. Sublime was having some trouble so I tried to post a couple of times…

0 Likes

You should have:

double post
double double post

:mrgreen:

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]You should have:

double post
double double post

:mrgreen:[/quote]

Ha. I should go back and do that :smiley: .

0 Likes

anyway,

this whole thread encouraged me to do the right thing and i purchased ST this morning.

at first glance, it seems expensive but i paid more than that for HTML editors in the past.
i played with Brackets a bit but i like ST a lot more.

0 Likes

@pete340 Taking a couple of days, I realize I was indeed the one being an idiot (the irony is not lost on me with this one), and I misinterpreted your response.

It is pretty clear to me now you were explaining your joke and not directing anything at me (not sure how I missed this). Clearly I was in a bad mood and did not process things correctly.

0 Likes

[quote=“facelessuser”]@pete340 Taking a couple of days, I realize I was indeed the one being an idiot (the irony is not lost on me with this one), and I misinterpreted your response.

It is pretty clear to me now you were explaining your joke and not directing anything at me (not sure how I missed this). Clearly I was in a bad mood and did not process things correctly.[/quote]

I’ve had days like that, too. Hopefully, not too many of them…

0 Likes