Sublime Forum

Package Open-Include very slow

Hi

The package Open-Include suddenly turned very slow (the only modification I am aware of is upgrading to Package Control 3.0).
I have tried uninstalling most packages, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Open-Include. The behaviour of Open-Include, however, stays the same. I wait for maybe 10 or 15 seconds for it to open a file. This is new.

Thanks for any help

Christopher

0 Likes

Hi, it is true that Open-Include turned a little bit slow in some conditions, this is UNRELATED to Package Control.

Can you please report the error with the following format (it gives information to be able to replicate the issue)

Please:
Project path (ex: c:/www/website)
Opened file path (ex: c:/www/website/index.html)
Line of code in the opened file (ex: a href="…/html/views/home/Content/base/t16.shtml" …
cursor position and selection if any
Exact location of included file, in t16.shtml (ex c:/www/website/views/home/Content/base/t16.shtml)

Thanks

0 Likes

Thanks, tito

No, I did not expect this to be related to Package Control 3.0 and did not try to uninstall that particular add-on.
I use your Open-Include for files on my harddrive, to open files in one folder below the file I use for asking ST to open the file.

So, lets say I have a file with repeated blocks of text like this:

do filename

“do” is a command for some statistical software, running the code within the do-file. So the name of the file is “filname.do”. I have tried to add “do” as an extension in Open-Include (User settings), but see no difference in behaviour.

So… I hit Alt-d (on a Mac, if that’s important). This worked fine until recently. Now I have to wait for 10-15 seconds.
I just tried to use the whole path, including the extension:

/Users/...details omitted.../Foldername/filename.do

Open-Include was quick to open the file. Problem is, when I then tried to open another file, e.g. from this line:

do another_filename

… Open-Include continues to open the first file.

It doesn’t seem to matter where I have the cursor (or whether I highlight the whole line). The behaviour of Open-Include appears to be the same.
And now I tried to restart ST. Open-Include still opens the first file, regardless of where the cursor is (which file I am trying to open).

0 Likes

Its works here, the file “extension” should be “.do” not “do”, because allows subfixes with no extensions. It does matter where we have the cursor and or if present any selection.

If you still have problems, please use the following format to report the error, as I’ll be able to replicate it and makes my time more productive (I may be fixing it now or pointing the error instead of typing this :P)

[quote]Project path (ex: c:/www/website)
Opened file path (ex: c:/www/website/index.html)
Line of code in the opened file (ex: a href="…/html/views/home/Content/base/t16.shtml" …
cursor position and selection if any
Exact location of included file, in t16.shtml (ex c:/www/website/views/home/Content/base/t16.shtml)
Settings file of Open-Include
[/quote]

0 Likes

Thanks.

I solved it by developing a macro, combining two commands: Command-d (select word) and Alt-d. Only need to have the cursor within the filename, and Open-Include is once again very quick, since it has the whole filename (except for the extension) and no “do” in front of the filename.

0 Likes

cbratt, could you please detail your approuch?
Thanks!

0 Likes