Sublime Forum

Build 3080

Build 3080 is out now. This is a beta build, and hence available to everyone. If you’re already using dev build 3079, then there’s no need to update - 3080 is identical, except it will give update notifications for beta builds only, rather than dev builds.

I’ve also updated the website, replacing WordPress with a statically generated blog, so with a little luck nothing will be broken there.

1 Like

Nice to see a new beta!

Are you using an existing static blog generator or is it a custom tool written in C++? :slight_smile:

0 Likes

It’s a custom one written in Python :slight_smile: I wanted something that would match the WordPress URLs exactly, and there really isn’t much to making a static site generator

0 Likes

Where do I find the sudo save option? I can’t seem to locate it.

0 Likes

So happy that Sublime Text is moving forward! What the reason after such a long inactivity?

0 Likes

Won’t install?!

When I download the deb package and try to install it I get the following error

Breaks existing package ‘sublime-text-installer’ conflict: sublime-text()

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes

Just upgraded. The editor freezes for 5 seconds every time I save a PHP file (!) I tried disabling all packages/plugins, but still freezes up. Console doesn’t give anything useful :frowning: Any clue what this could be?

EDIT: When launching sublime as sudo it doesn’t hang. But why?

0 Likes

Upgraded to 3080 today and noticed when working with the screen layout as 2 columns (css on one side and html on the other) when highlighting a div and jumping to definition (cmd+alt+down) instead of moving the cursor to the correct place in the css file as before it is now opening the css file again in the same column.

0 Likes

Congrats on getting another build out - I ended up figuring out that my crashes were the result of an empty Build file in my User directory - removing it stopped the crashes :smile:

0 Likes

Build 3080, Command Palette Crashing

After upgrade I have issues with CPU overload. Rolled back to previous version.
MacBook Pro Retina, 16GB RAM

0 Likes

Thanks for the update!

I did run into a problem when I installed the new version. I had been keeping my projects in “c:/Program Files/Sublime Text/Projects” but it looks like the installer removes that directory. My projects were deleted. It’s only a minor inconvenience for me, but it probably needs attention. Running on Windows 7.

0 Likes

It’s automatic. Just open a file that requires admin privs to save, edit it and click save - you will be prompted for your password

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue with the new version. It’s using 85% of my CPU whenever I’m using the editor. Does anyone know how to go back to a previous build? I can’t find downloads to previous versions. Really sorry I upgraded today. I’m not able to get my work done. Bummers!

0 Likes

High CPU usage on Macbook Pro too. Rollback to 3065 restored normal behavior.

Build 3065
c758482.r82.cf2.rackcdn.com/Subl … 203065.dmg

0 Likes

CPU issues may very well be plugin related. It is possible that a specific plugin you are using needs to update how it does things to be 3080 compatible. Being on the dev branches for a while now, and using sublime on different platforms, I am not experienced high CPU.

0 Likes

From what I understand, the old ST folder is completely removed and a new ST instance is set up in a different folder, which is then renamed to the original ST folder name. I don’t know if this deletion is permanent or if it is moved to trash. I could also be wrong, of course.
Anyway, don’t manually save configuration files in a Program Files folder ever. This falls under the holy reign of the program(s). Use your User, your AppData or any other folder instead.

Regarding the high-CPU usage: There have been reports of this on the issue tracker as well.
github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/747
github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/742
github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/739

0 Likes

The CPU usage issues that I’ve seen so far is 3080 are caused by a corrupted index (3080 handles this situation differently than 3065), and can be fixed by deleting your Index directory. There should be a message in the console thing this occurs, and the same message will indicate where the directory is.

More details are at sublimetext.com/blog/articles/file-indexing

0 Likes

I can’t open Command Palette without crashing now since updating to 3080. https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/build-3080-command-palette-crashing/14749/1

0 Likes

I actually experience the reindexing as well now, but only if I save a certain file. Whenever I edit “Packages/PythonImproved/PythonImproved.tmLanguage”, either manually in ST or if I generate it using AAAPackageDev, ST spawns 8 indexing processes (for my 4cores+HT) which are running at 12.5% each for a few seconds. The status bar also shows the indexing percentage.

I am unable to reproduce this with any other file. I usually have this syntax set to be the default for Python files (".py") and I have my whole Packages folder open as a project, but even when I changed the default syntax to the bundled Python.tmLanguage and then edited/changed that file it would not trigger indexing. If I changed the PythonImproved file it would reindex however, even if it is not set as the default syntax for .py files (verified). I have a total of 9 Python files open in two windows, it is completely unreasonable to exhaust my CPU for several seconds for those.

Multile restarts of ST also didn’t help. I don’t see a message about a corrupted index in the console either.

With sublime.log_indexing(True) I was able to observe the following:

• When I save Python.tmLanguage (currently default for .py files) I see this:

indexing [queue 6]: spawning 1 workers to process 1 / 1 files indexing [queue 6]: indexed 1 files

• When I save PythonImproved.tmLanguage I see this:

indexing [queue 7]: spawning 4 workers to process 705 / 705 files indexing [queue 8]: spawning 4 workers to process 4009 / 4009 files indexing [queue 7]: indexed 705 files indexing [queue 8]: indexed 4009 files

Edit: Removing (actually renaming) the Index directory also didn’t help.

0 Likes

@FichteFoll, whenever any tmLanguage file is changed all files are reindexed. It would be possible to track dependencies more closely, so only a minimal set of files are reindexed, but it’s just not worth spending the code complexity on this: for the vast majority of users, a tmLanguage file being updated is a rare event.

Options are to either disable file indexing when working on a tmLanguage file, or don’t edit tmLanugage files while a large project is open.

1 Like