Sublime Forum

Sublime Text: Frameworks and Technology used

I’ve been using Sublime Text for a long time now and one thing about Sublime Text that I thought was very awesome was that Sublime Text’s Windows Installer weighed merely 5 MBs and yet it had a Python Interpreter bundled with a GUI library and the C++ DLLs. Now, I have created quite a few Windows apps in both Python and C++ but none of them were so lightweight. And the application is cross platform as well.

So, @jps, I want to know which GUI frameworks you are using with C++ (cross platform framework) , what installer are you using (is it InnoSetup? But InnoSetup isn’t so lightweight) and how did you bundle the Python Interpreter with the main application.

If you had the source out, then I could have checked it out myself but since Sublime Text is closed source, can you please tell me the above?

Thanks.

0 Likes

From what I’ve read before, Sublime uses a custom GUI framework.

0 Likes

Are there any plans of making the GUI framework open source? (Just the GUI framework)
I’m in need of a lightweight GUI framework which looks modern (like Sublime Text) for C++ without the overhead of larger frameworks (Qt, wxWidgets)…

0 Likes