Sublime Forum

Error in pakage control

I just get the ST 3083, when install package control using the code
" import urllib.request,os; pf = ‘Package Control.sublime-package’; ipp = sublime.installed_packages_path(); urllib.request.install_opener( urllib.request.build_opener( urllib.request.ProxyHandler()) ); open(os.path.join(ipp, pf), ‘wb’).write(urllib.request.urlopen( ‘http://sublime.wbond.net/’ + pf.replace(’ ‘,’%20’)).read()) "

an error has occurs like this :
1 missing dependency was just installed. Sublime Text should be restarted, otherwise one or more of the installed packages may not function properly.

what is the problem? Anyone can help me ? thanks :astonished:

0 Likes

I would restart Sublime Text, just like it tells you.

0 Likes

but in 3065, it works, what is the problem?

0 Likes

Indeed, what is the problem xeno?
You still didn’t tell us anything that indicates that there’s a problem. All I see is a message stating that one or more packages MAY not function properly without restarting ST.

Do any of your packages not function properly after restarting ST?

Or perhaps are you wondering what this new “1 missing dependency” is about?
It might be related to one of the dependencies used by PackageControl, which are detailed in the Examples section of the following webpage: packagecontrol.io/docs/dependencies.

Alright, so let me resume the situation: PCtrl just installed one of its dependency, then informed you about it with a message box, telling you that some packages MAY not work without a restart of ST. It is an ugly box, I concede, but there’s nothing to be afraid of.

If you need more s’plaining, better contact the creator of PackageControl directly.
TBH, for a package-related question, you should simply create an issue on its GitHub page. In theory, you will catch PeopleInTheKnow’s attention quicker than on here.

0 Likes

[quote=“dubeg_01”]Indeed, what is the problem xeno?
You still didn’t tell us anything that indicates that there’s a problem. All I see is a message stating that one or more packages MAY not function properly without restarting ST.

Do any of your packages not function properly after restarting ST?

Or perhaps are you wondering what this new “1 missing dependency” is about?
It might be related to one of the dependencies used by PackageControl, which are detailed in the Examples section of the following webpage: packagecontrol.io/docs/dependencies.

Alright, so let me resume the situation: PCtrl just installed one of its dependency, then informed you about it with a message box, telling you that some packages MAY not work without a restart of ST. It is an ugly box, I concede, but there’s nothing to be afraid of.

If you need more s’plaining, better contact the creator of PackageControl directly.
TBH, for a package-related question, you should simply create an issue on its GitHub page. In theory, you will catch PeopleInTheKnow’s attention quicker than on here.[/quote]

Thanks for the help!

All the packages are OK, I just worry about the warning message because it never emerge when I use other vision of ST3!

0 Likes