Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

coffeescript embedded within html

coffeescript embedded within html

Postby backspaces on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:24 am

An ancient post, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5800, claims that a hack can be made to the HTML package so that it allows coffeescript to be embedded within script tags in HTML.

I don't believe this works for ST3 .. I can't find the required HTML.tmLanguage file for ST3, just ST2. Config changes in ST3?

In addition, there are different coffeescript packages for ST, I believe. Better Coffeescript and the original one by jeremy ashkenas, for TextMate, but apparently worked in earlier STs, hopefully ST3?

The question:
- How do I modify/configure the HTML package for ST3 to allow coffeescript inline script tags?
- If that can be done, which coffeescript package does it work with?

-- Owen
backspaces

Re: coffeescript embedded within html

Postby backspaces on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:06 am

This http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/packages.html may explain why I wasn't able to find the HTML.tmLanguage file, its in the new ST3 package zip.

I think that the new ST3 package format and path/config would let me build a modified tmLanguage in my "user" package world, which would override the one in the executable's zip file.

The questions remain however .. how to modify HTML's latest package and how to have it refer to better coffeescript, and how to do it with the new ST3 package config.
backspaces

Return to Technical Support