Sublime Forum

BibTex undefined citations OSX Mavericks

I just upgraded my operating system to OSX Mavericks, installed Sublime Text 3, and the MacTeX distribution of TeX. I installed the LaTeXTools package using Package Manager and performed the recommended “Reconfigure LaTeXTools and migrate settings” command. My LaTeX document compile beautifully except that I can’t get the BibTex files to compile. I get the console message:

TraditionalBuilder: Invoking latexmk… done.

No errors. Warnings:

./VARnotes.tex:22: Package hyperref Warning: Option pdftex' has already been used,(hyperref) setting the option has no effect on input line 22. ./VARnotes.tex:133: Package natbib Warning: CitationDavidsonMacKinnon:2004’ on page 3 undefined on input line 133.
./VARnotes.tex: Package natbib Warning: There were undefined citations.

[Done!]

Let me know if anyone knows how to fix this problem.

0 Likes

Alright, I solved it. Something about upgrading to OSX Mavericks changed the path in which the MacTeX TeXLive distribution was located. In addition, the economtex package of BibTeX files was not in the new TeXLive Distribution. So I had to do two things. First, I had to reinstall the economtex files (e.g., aer.bst). Then I had to go into LaTeXTools.sublime-settings and change the OSX path. The default setting for OSX is:

“texpath” : “$PATH:/usr/texbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/local/bin”

You just have to add the following path (/usr/local/texlive) to get things to work:

“texpath” : “$PATH:/usr/texbin:/usr/local/texlive:/usr/local/bin:/opt/local/bin”

My life is now happier. I hope this helps someone else.

0 Likes