Sublime Forum

No support for sublime users?

So I bought this piece of software and it would be overwhelming, if I could set the tabs (>40 views now, no solution). Is there really no support for users who bought this software??? :frowning:
Setting the tab size every 2nd time I open a file is really annoying…

0 Likes

What do you mean “no support”. What makes you think there is no support, and did you actually try the program before buying it?

Regardless, setting tab size works fine for me. How are you changing it?

0 Likes

I’d guess that it’s because his previous post a week and a half ago about the problem had no response:

0 Likes

Thanks for the answers.

Exaclty - no response and no way to contact the company for support. If the company offers no support via mail/phone/whatever they should at least read this forum, or make this statement before you buy - is that expectation too high? Some companies have “community support only” plans, if sublime would have clearified this I wouldn’t have bought this product.

Tab settings are randomly ignored. Without that bug (but that’s a great one if you are working with ruby because you have a lot of small files and switch very often and spend 20% of your editing time in always changing the same stuff) this would be the best editor in the world (at least that I know). Always switching back to TextMate now because of a high frustration level after 15-30 minutes… :smile:

To make my question clearer: The company behind offers no support for Sublime, only cumminity bases support?

And yes, I tried sublime for about a week. In that time I didn’t customized it that much and didn’t had many yml files to edit (which make most problems).

0 Likes

If you post your preferences file, wecould probably help more. I have different tab settings set up for a specific file type. I’d guess that you either incorrectly typed the tab setting key or have installed some plugin that is misbehaving. At the end of the day it’s up to you what tool you want to use, but please try to provide additional information if you would like any more help. As a side note, you may want to try posting on stackoverflow as well. As we can’t subscribe to threads, it’s easy to forget to check for responses to questions you have answered.

0 Likes

Tnx, I put my settings to my question (as this question is not about the tab settings). https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/tab-size-how-many-more-settings-to-change/12778/1

To the original question of this topic: There is really no way to contact customer support?

0 Likes

I believe kari (who posted in another thread) handles sales (or similar) issues. But as far as technical issues go, the forums are your best bet (that I know of anyways).

0 Likes

Hi all, at this time we do not have a formal customer support staff. That’s the goal for the future as we grow the team: to include a dedicated technical support person. In the meantime we rely on the forum, as Jon (the only developer) is focused on platform improvements exclusively at the moment. You can try me for very basic queries, but my political science degree can only get us so far: sales@sublimetext.com. Cheers Kari

0 Likes