Sublime Forum

[ST3 3059--3061] Sidebar Fails to Update Certain Folders

I’m having some trouble with Sublime Text 3 on OS X, both the latest master build, 3059, and the latest dev build, 3061. Specifically, the sidebar isn’t updating when changes are made to the filesystem, but only in certain folders on my computer. I have two Rails projects that are nearly identical in every respect but the names of the project folders—in one, touching a file in the project root will instantly cause Sublime to notice it; in the other, touching a file in the project root isn’t noticed till I click Project→Refresh Folders. They’re both in my Dropbox, and for a while I blamed the problem on them, but totally removing Dropbox and all its kernel extensions then clearing the kernel cache and rebooting didn’t help. Touching a file in ~/Dropbox also works fine, incidentally. I’ve reset every cache I can think of, reset Sublime to factory settings, all the standard troubleshooting stuff, but I’m at my wit’s end. Any ideas, jps or forumgoers?

0 Likes

Just in case anyone with the same problem comes across this post, this answer on Github by noctivityinc did the trick for me: github.com/SublimeText/Issues/i … t-34872628.

0 Likes