Sublime Forum

Indentation Shortcut

Until today I could use command-] or command= to move a section of text in or out by indentation steps.

I must have changed something, because these commands no longer work. They still work on my laptop, but I can’t find what’s set differently between the two systems.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks!
Dan

0 Likes

Check that you didn’t accidentally modify the default key bindings. Specifically you should still have the following in lines 92 and 93:

{ "keys": "super+]"], "command": "indent" }, { "keys": "super+"], "command": "unindent" },
And check that nothing in your user settings is rebinding these.

Also to be safe, you can try resetting your Mac’s System keybindings, in case something got bound to these accidentally: System Preferences->Keyboard->Shortcuts->Restore Defaults

If that didn’t do it, you can try deleting your Sublime Text user folder (/Users//Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/User). Note: this will remove your installed packages and user settings, so back up the folder first to be safe.

And if that doesn’t do it, try deleting the entire ‘Sublime Text 3’ folder from Application Support. (note that on newer Macs Library might be hidden by default)

0 Likes

Thank you so much Johannes.
Somehow that key bindings file was missing completely. I’ve replaced it now and it’s working again.

cheers!

0 Likes