Sublime Forum

[Solved] Experiencing high CPU load while scrolling

Greetings,

I am experiencing high CPU utilization while scrolling small or large documents, it doesn’t seem to matter how many files are open. It was fine all day yesterday, but today it seems to be an issue.
Sublime Text 3 Build 3086 is what I am using on Arch Linux (nightly build installed via AUR).

The editor is very sluggish when scrolling. I can resize the window smaller and it’s much faster.

Reboot did not fix the issue.
Deletion of the configuration directory did not fix the issue.
Going away for two hours did not fix the issue.
Re-installation did not fix the issue.

My RAM utilization is fine (44 GB free)
My CPU utilization is fine (~12% utilization), but ST takes up most of that 12%; it’s a 20 core Xeon
My desktop resolution is 1920x1200 + 1920x1200

Every other application works fine and is very responsive, including streaming videos and the like.

If you need any other details, let me know.

0 Likes

The same issue is present with Sublime Text 2.0.2 Build 2221. The issue may be even worse with this build.

Scrolling is around twice as slow with JavaScript files when compared to HTML files.

0 Likes

Fixed the problem by installing proprietary nvidia drivers and uninstalling nouveau. Unfortunately, nvidia and grsecurity don’t play well together, so grsec had to go too.

One potentially related piece of information is that a lot of output from sublime-text is along the lines of:
**GLib-CRITICAL : Source ID 1976 was not found when attempting to remove it

I suspect grsecurity was having a fit over it for whatever reason.

0 Likes