Sublime Forum

Viewport not moving with cursor at end of file (sometimes…)

Hi all,

I’ve had this issue for well over a year now, I’ve given up on it being addressed on Github - so I’m hoping someone in the community is able to help - this may be something that can be fixed with a plugin or a tweak somewhere - here’s hoping.

The problem: Often if I drag the viewport to the bottom of a file and then start working the text cursor will jump to new lines on return, but the viewport doesn’t move. This means I have to manually move the viewport so that I can see what I’m typing.

This issue transcends environment. I see it both on my work iMac and at home on my macbook. Both machines are now OSX Yosemite, the issue was present when they were both on Mavericks and Lion. Through different builds of Sublime and through re-installs.

I even captured a video of the issue in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= I frequently use an input device that doesn’t have a ‘scroll’ input, so I often pan around the document by manually dragging the preview square on the right hand sidebar - this may be a factor. Probably best to treat me as a keyboard-only user for debugging purposes.

Anyone have any ideas?Possibly important:

0 Likes

bump

0 Likes

I think that turning on the ability to scroll past the end of the file has helped - if for no other reason than the issue always seems to trigger when you scroll to the immediate bottom of a file before adding a new line (again…sometimes) - and now there is no real ‘immediate bottom’ - it’s a workaround I’m happy to use - but it’d be nice if it weren’t needed.

0 Likes