Sublime Forum

No output from building in Ruby, suddenly

This is a strange one.

I’ve been using Sublime Text happily for 6+ months, and it’s worked fine. I ran into an issue last week where I would build a Ruby program that gave some output, but I wouldn’t see anything in the output pane. I’d still see the [Executed in 0.1s] message, but nothing output from my program, even when the only line of code in it was printf(“Hello World”).

I tried writing programs in C, JavaScript, and Python, and they all worked completely fine. I figured I must have broken something in the settings somewhere, and uninstalled ST3, deleted %APPDATA%/Sublime Text 3 (as the documentation suggests), rebooted, then went and downloaded a fresh copy of ST3 to install.

Everything was reverted back to vanilla settings, but the issue remained.

It doesn’t appear to be a bug with the Ruby interpreter, because running my programs from the command line still works normally. I haven’t updated any software or changed anything at all. This one’s stumping me because Ruby itself is clearly working fine, and ST3 was totally wiped and installed fresh, so… I can’t imagine where the problem must lie. I’d appreciate any suggestions.

I’m using Sublime Text 3 Build 3083 on 64-bit Windows 8 Pro with Ruby 2.1.0.

0 Likes