Sublime Forum

Am I supposed to keep all my projects always open?

Hi there, new forum used here (not new to ST though),

I have a (probably very dumb) doubt about ST usage with sublime-projects.

I’ll try to explain. I don’t know if this is an issue of my ST installation or not, but when I open a “.sublime-project” (double clicking) file, all it does is opening an instance of ST with no files open and nothing in the left sidebar. I would have expected it to open an instance of ST, showing in the side bar the complete project tree associated with that specific .sublime-project file.

And from this comes my question (as the title goes): am I supposed to keep all my projects always open in any instance of ST?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes

[quote=“overflowh”]Hi there, new forum used here (not new to ST though),

I have a (probably very dumb) doubt about ST usage with sublime-projects.

I’ll try to explain. I don’t know if this is an issue of my ST installation or not, but when I open a “.sublime-project” (double clicking) file, all it does is opening an instance of ST with no files open and nothing in the left sidebar. I would have expected it to open an instance of ST, showing in the side bar the complete project tree associated with that specific .sublime-project file.

And from this comes my question (as the title goes): am I supposed to keep all my projects always open in any instance of ST?

Thank you in advance.[/quote]

I don’t know the reason for that, but the way to open projects is from the “Project” menu; I mostly use “Project->Open Recent”.

0 Likes

Oh… I never thought about trying. It actually works, but you have to remember to never directly open the .sublime-project files by double-clicking because this often just empties them.

Thank you for the advice!

0 Likes

[quote=“overflowh”]

Oh… I never thought about trying. It actually works, but you have to remember to never directly open the .sublime-project files by double-clicking because this often just empties them.

Thank you for the advice![/quote]

Your’e welcome. Let me add: I said I “don’t know the reason for that”; what I really meant to say was that I, too, am baffled by that choice. However, double-clicking a project file shouldn’t empty it; there must be something else going on.

0 Likes