Sublime Forum

SublimeText 2 projects won't open in Chrome

Hi,
I’m trying to learn JavaScript using SublimeText 2. I recently downloaded the latest version of Java and now, I can’t get any of my files to open in my Google Chrome browser. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanx

0 Likes

You will probably get a better response if you describe your problem in more detail. For example, what files are you trying to open in Google Chrome and how does that relate to Sublime Text? Also, you appear to be assuming JavaScript and Java are related. They are not directly related.

0 Likes

Thanks for replying. Hopefully I can clarify a little better.
I was recommended SublimeText for an editor and Chrome for a browser. After I type code into SublimeText, I save the file but when I later open the JavaScript browser in Chrome, I press Ctrl-O to open the file as recommended, and it opens in the browser as the code I typed in SublimeText, but it looks like it should appear differently in the pictures in my self-help book (which is “Coding w/ JavaScript for dummies” by Chris Minnick/Eva Holland.) I’m not sure if this makes any more sense. I press Ctrl-Shif-J to open the JavaScript browser in Chrome. I tried clicking Developer tools but that doesn’t change anything either. I know Ive done it right before but something is wrong now and I’m debating whether to try SublimeText3 (Instead of 2 which I’m using now) or else try a different code editor entirely. One other thing, is at first, when I tried to save files in SublimeText, I got an error message saying ‘you do not have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator, etc.’ But I am the administrator! I no longer get that message since I’ve been opening my SublimeText files from my documents folder, but the code doesn’t look like it should in the browser. I’m not sure if this makes any more sense, but if anything rings a bell to anyone, I’m all ears. Thanks again!!

0 Likes

I think I figured out my problem. I was saving my projects under Documents instead of All Files. Thanks for the replies, and yes, I do remember learning that Java and JavaScript are different but I’d forgotten. I’m sure it’s a common mistake for a beginner to make. Anyway thanx again :smiley:

0 Likes