Sublime Forum

Permanent exclude filter in Preferences.sublime-settings

I imagine this would be quite useful when searching directories that, for instance, a user has installed npm packages into. Personally, I frequently search directories that have a “node_modules” folder because I’ve installed packages using Grunt. My process then ends up being: open the sidebar, right-click the folder in question, click Find in Folder…, append “, -node_modules/*” to the end of the Where: line in the search and click Find.

For obvious reasons, it’s critical to ignore dependency or package folders like this one because they’ll slow down the search severely and what I’m searching for is in code I’ve written, not in a folder added through a build script.

That all said, it’d be extremely helpful to have a permanent exclude filter. Maybe an array of filter strings that can be added to the user settings much like how the “ignored_packages” setting is added.

Thanks! :smiley:

0 Likes

I apologize as these feature clearly already exists. Should have read over the documentation a little closer because the key is: folder_exclude_patterns. Sorry about that!

0 Likes