Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

ST3: BracketHighlighter 2

Re: ST3: BracketHighlighter 2

Postby facelessuser on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:25 pm

@brnorman hold up your html makes no sense.

You have a div open tag outside of a form block, but it closes inside the form block. No wonder I can't resolve it. Your tags should be nested, but yours are in nonsensical order. Please review your code again first and see if it is still not working.
facelessuser

Postby brnorman on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:19 am

facelessuser wrote:@brnorman hold up your html makes no sense.

You have a div open tag outside of a form block, but it closes inside the form block. No wonder I can't resolve it. Your tags should be nested, but yours are in nonsensical order. Please review your code again first and see if it is still not working.

Sorry I missed that. The page worked as expected with my misplaced tags. Moved them and now BH2 works as expected too! I guess that's a extra debug feature.

Thanks
brnorman

Postby facelessuser on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:01 am

Yeah, browsers are forgiving to a fault. BH can catch some bad tags, but I wouldn't stake my life on it catching them. So usually, if BH is matching things crazy, there is something in the file throwing it off. I can't tell you how much time I spent hammering out that algorithm, so it is pretty reliable in well formed documents.
facelessuser

Postby brnorman on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:08 am

facelessuser wrote:Yeah, browsers are forgiving to a fault. BH can catch some bad tags, but I wouldn't stake my life on it catching them. So usually, if BH is matching things crazy, there is something in the file throwing it off. I can't tell you how much time I spent hammering out that algorithm, so it is pretty reliable in well formed documents.

I can believe it and I'm sure I don't want to know how much time you spent but I and I'm sure many many others do appreciate it! :D
brnorman

Postby pete on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:14 am

HI there,
Hey bracket highlighter is really great! Thanks for putting in the work there. Just wondering though I can't seem to get my highlights to be anything but white...
How could I mess around with that color to make it a little less harsh?
Thanks
Pete
pete

Postby facelessuser on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:58 pm

@pete Glad you like it.

Take a look at the readme, I talk about how you can change the colors. Also search the issues on github, I explain it multiple times there as well. If you are still having trouble after that, let me know.
facelessuser

Postby pete on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:13 am

Cool thanks mate!
pete

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements