Sublime Forum

ST3: FuzzyFileNav

Here is the ST3 branch for FuzzyFileNav github.com/facelessuser/FuzzyFileNav/tree/ST3. Everything should be working, but please report issues if you find any. Quickpanel management is a bit different in ST3 so it was a little tricky getting everything worked out; hopefully it is pretty reliable now.

0 Likes

haha, that damn kid

I bet if I git blamed that line in the readme, there’s a good a chance as any that he wrote that line himself too

0 Likes

github.com/facelessuser/FuzzyFi … #L139-L141

haha, just as I suspected

0 Likes

He kind of grows on you after a while :smile:.

0 Likes

Like a cancerous growth, or the mould in my bathroom. You just learn to live with it I guess :smile:

I’ve had something since ST1 that has similar functionality to what I understand this does.

However, this seems way more extensive so perhaps I won’t bother porting mine from ST2

0 Likes

Man, we SO need a better way to get the damn show_quick_panel input View huh?

It’s 2013 FFS :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]Man, we SO need a better way to get the damn show_quick_panel input View huh?
[/quote]

You like that overcomplicated quickpanel view capturing I put in there? :wink: So much work for so little sometimes…

0 Likes

Love it :smile:

0 Likes

Having said that, FFS, all that should NOT be necessary!

And having said THAT, I guess we should be grateful for the highlight call back eh?

And having said ALL that, now I’m tired!

0 Likes

I was waiting for you to port this before switching over to ST3 at work. Thank you!

(Oh, and support for saving . . . :unamused: )

0 Likes

Yeah, savings been in there for a while. I even announced it. I figured you saw it, or would eventually stumble on it.

0 Likes

I think I saw this back when, but it doesn’t do what I mean by saving, if memory serves. I’ll have a look at it when I get home.

Alex

0 Likes

Yup. What I mean by ‘saving’ is replacing the functionality of Ctrl+S (Save) – i.e., saving the file if it already exists & otherwise popping open FFN*, preferably restricted so that I am forced to save the file before my ADD kicks in.

• I am, slowly, learning Colemak, which has caused me to become very fond of logograms & abbrv. :smiley:

Alex

0 Likes

I will look into a little later. I think it is probably doable, but you would have to override your save shortcut with a FFN entry point. I can’t just add it to “on_save”, it just wouldn’t work well there. When I get a bit more time, I will look into this.

0 Likes

You could probably [ab]use view.retarget for fun and profit ?

0 Likes

True :smile:. I feel bad enough for the abuse I have already committed.

0 Likes

Forgive him father, for he knows what he does

0 Likes

colemak ftw! I never learned qwerty so can’t compare it to anything but I never get sore hands :smile:

0 Likes

Never heard of colemak. Doesn’t look to hard to learn; not a huge change like dvorak. I may give it a try.

0 Likes

I would be very grateful! I’ve already mapped FFN to Ctrl+O, which is why its (short) absence from ST3 crippled me. I would have no problem doing the same for Ctrl+S, but you would need to provide an appropriate command. I looked into writing it myself, but it’s a little beyond my capabilities.

I can use the menu if I need to use my OS’s filesystem dialogs (or make appropriate commands for the palette).

FWIW, I started learning Colemak on Thanksgiving (you can imagine what fun I must have been having! :wink: ). I practiced for a couple dozen hours to get all the keys down and then it was a matter of training my muscle memory. I was doing around 20 WPM when I began confusing Colemak & Qwerty, thus necessitating switching 100%. (This was at the beginning of January. I should mention that I had a two-week hiatus from all keyboards just prior.) That was painful until I hit 30 WPM, which is about the minimum I can tolerate. I think I’m at about 40+ now (a far cry from the 90ish WPM I had originally), but I like Colemak thus far. I should also note that even though I was very fast, I did not know how to touch type.

Speaking of win, did you ever find a solution to using Colemak with Vim bindings in Sublime? I am a Vim virgin (or is that a vimgin?), but I don’t see how it would work with Colemak. Do you remap HJKL to HNEI? If, so, what do you do with N or I? Et cetera…

Alex

Edit: typos and silly things

0 Likes