Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

ST3: ScopeHunter

ST3: ScopeHunter

Postby facelessuser on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Did a real quick port here https://github.com/facelessuser/ScopeHunter/tree/ST3. Report bugs if any. I don't think I will be doing any other porting today. I have 3 big plugins to port coming up, but I might take a break.
facelessuser

Re: ST3: ScopeHunter

Postby facelessuser on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:38 am

Release 1.4.0

Sat down and played with the new tooltip API. I added an option to ScopeHunter in the latest release to show scope info in a tooltip. You can also click of the syntax file or color scheme file (that are currently loaded and contribute to your scope info) and they will be opened in a new view. There is also a link to copy all the info to the clipboard.

Also, the CSS style of the tooltip is completely configurable. Just code your own, drop it in the User folder and in the settings file point it at: `User/my_custom.css`, and it should use your CSS file. ScopeHunter currently comes with a stripped down default.css and a dark.css (shown below) and light.css.

This is experimental, so let me know if you find bugs. Keep in mind, Jon may change something in this API and break functionality as this is bleeding edge stuff.

facelessuser

Postby sublimator on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Wow! Da fuq, is that links and everything I see in the popup : )?
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby iamntz on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:00 pm

Probably you should also a Textmate style scope hunter, that only show the scope name (maybe add an option for lite info?).

Lovely to see how many things pops up (see what i did here?) when a new API is launched.

Wait until the sidebar API is added! :mrgreen:
iamntz

Postby FichteFoll on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:12 pm

Great and simple use case for the popup API. Played around with it a bit and left some issues on the tracker.

Really annoying that scroll wheel doesn't work yet. Also, a <hr> tag between multiple scopes would be nice, but it's not supported currently and neither is the `border` property.
FichteFoll

Postby facelessuser on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:34 pm

Yeah, I wish hr was available too. I actually tried using it hoping, but sadly it was not supported.

Thanks for the issue creations. As it is still very experimental, I honestly didn't test too much or implement everything I was planning on yet. Just wanted to get something out people could play with.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:35 pm

sublimator wrote:Wow! Da fuq, is that links and everything I see in the popup : )?

Yep :).
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:36 pm

iamntz wrote:Probably you should also a Textmate style scope hunter, that only show the scope name (maybe add an option for lite info?).

Lovely to see how many things pops up (see what i did here?) when a new API is launched.

Wait until the sidebar API is added! :mrgreen:

I think it can do just that. You can disable some of the info. Can't remember how fine the control is. I will take a look.
facelessuser

Postby huot25 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:46 pm

I'm excited to see how other plugins start using the new tooltip API. Nice work with this one!

Just a suggestion, once this API gets released as part of the beta build, make the tooltip the default display style. Having the panel display as it previously did with "Instant Scoper" enabled causes some headaches when trying to use other panels(find). This is a big issue with the way sublime handles panels, and one I am currently dealing with in my plugin.
huot25

Postby FichteFoll on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:54 pm

huot25 wrote: Having the panel display as it previously did with "Instant Scoper" enabled causes some headaches when trying to use other panels(find). This is a big issue with the way sublime handles panels, and one I am currently dealing with in my plugin.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing while using it just for a few minutes. Would be nice if ST's panel management got some updates, I'm all in for the custom panels that were proposed in the 3067 thread ;)
FichteFoll

Next

Return to Plugin Announcements