Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Sublemacs Pro - Emacs mode for Sublime Text

Re: Sublemacs Pro - Emacs mode for Sublime Text

Postby dougkramer on Fri May 03, 2013 12:42 am

I'm interested in getting the CUA mode that emacs offers which defines the standard Mac/Window key bindings:

C-x Cut to clipboard
C-c Copy to clipboard
C-v Paste from clipboard
C-z Undo
Shift-arrow Select (not as important)

Note that C-x would still work as a prefix key for other commands when no text is selected.

Any chance of getting these? Or how difficult is it for me to override sublemacs bindings?
(I imagine C-x would need to be something like a conditional macro.)
dougkramer

Postby euchoreo on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:24 pm

Anyone found a way to do emacs\xemacs style autocompletion in sublime?

I don't really care which hotkey it uses, but I have found that xemacs's autocompletion based on proximity to be the most efficient for me and I rarely type more than 5 characters without using it. Other autocompletions such as Visual Studio or Sublime seem to put things in alphabetical order, which makes it much slower to use.

This is especially true for static globals, local variables, and parameters where the xemacs autocomplete will always guess the correct one after only 1 or 2 characters due to proximity, while sublime's autocomplete will almost invariably default to the wrong one and require me to search through the options until I find the right one.

Another problem I have is that I don't have autocompletion across files. I tried downloading the all autocomplete plugin and it works on my home computer, but seems to be conflicting with some other plugin and failing. Is there an error log somewhere I can check?
euchoreo

Postby euchoreo on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Actually, just setting

"auto_complete": false

seems to give me most of what I need. it was the popup itself that was the most irritating part.

Also, I found that I had been incorrectly using sublime_text_alternative_autocompletion. By default, it maps autocomplete to escape, which was already mapped to hide-autocomplete, thus causing it to appear to not work. It tried mapping it to tab, but it failed. When I mapped it to alt-/ I found that it works just fine.

Now I just need to figure out why I can't get the all autocomplete plugin to work
euchoreo

Postby jefftbowman on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:44 pm

A couple of things I'm missing, the multi-cursor stuff already in sublime-text (default "ctrl+d" behavior, which I have user mapped to ["ctrl+c", "ctrl+d"] - there may be others (watching the video shows several features about sublime-text I hope emacs doesn't hide/overlay))

emacs mark-sexp behavior (in emacs bound to C-M-SPC or C-M-@)

Otherwise, this is awesome!
jefftbowman

Postby troykinsella on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:38 pm

Firstly, thanks for this awesome plugin. I wouldn't be using ST without it.

I noticed that when you hit C+g to cancel the current search, the cursor returns to where you initiated the search, which isn't standard emacs behaviour. The only way around this that I've figured out is to click the mouse on the search match. I use search to navigate documents frequently and having to reach over to the mouse really kills my speed. Any tips to get around this? Preferably, C+g would just cancel the search and leave the cursor on the last match.

Thanks!
troykinsella

Postby jsc on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:52 am

Just hit return. Annoying, because I always find myself hitting ctrl g instead. Maybe a context sensitive remap of ctrl g?
jsc

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements