Sublime Forum

Standardize Branch Naming

As I try to install packages for ST3, I am seeing all sorts of branch names for ST3 packages. ST3, st3, python3, sublime-text-3, everything you can think of.
I think it would be best if everyone just used st2 and st3 for the main branches. I have a feeling this would be a huge help for Wbond adding support for branches w/ Package Control.
Then it can tell which branch is which. Right now there is no consistency at all.

It will still support having test and other branches, but the core branches would be st2 and st3. Even capitalization needs to be consistent.

What you think guys? Can we pass this around and make it happen?

0 Likes

Package Control 2.0 alpha already has full support for random branch names, and generally improves a lot of things related to maintaining released packages. You can get a taste at raw.github.com/wbond/sublime_pa … itory.json.

I’m currently about 90%+ of the way through updating all of the infrastructure for the channel server and website to support all of these new features and options. My hope was to have it out this week, but unfortunately this is one of those processes that requires quite a bit of yak shaving.

0 Likes

[quote=“wbond”]Package Control 2.0 alpha already has full support for random branch names, and generally improves a lot of things related to maintaining released packages. You can get a taste at raw.github.com/wbond/sublime_pa … itory.json.

I’m currently about 90%+ of the way through updating all of the infrastructure for the channel server and website to support all of these new features and options. My hope was to have it out this week, but unfortunately this is one of those processes that requires quite a bit of yak shaving.[/quote]

So package control will be able to grab ST3 version of plugins regardless of the branch name? That would be awesome!
I think the name standardization is still a good thing though, but if you can do it without that, you would be amazing.

0 Likes