Sublime Forum

(ST3) Freesia Theme

Ok, I made a new theme because I felt like it.

[size=150]⇒ Freesia Theme[/size]

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31892/freesia/screenshot-ldpi.png
(Click for an HDPI screenshot)

So, Freesia is sort of my attempt at getting closer to what I want the Nil theme to be these days, which means more purple (people didn’t really like it when I added more purple to Nil — not really sure why) and probably more/less contrast depending on how you look at it. The lines indicating status and such are there, though above the tab now (since the tab color now matches the color scheme, so it looks a little weird to have it below the label).

Overall, it’s not particularly flashy or textured (the textures in use are all white, since the theme relies heavily on tinting — so, at least in theory, it should be pretty easy to change the colors to whatever you like). It’s just particularly purple. Very purple. At any rate, it’s closer to what I want, so it works and I threw it up on GitHub.

To install it, you can follow the instructions in the README, or install it via Package Control (if using Package Control, you must be using ST3).

This is only tested on ST3. I could have tested it on ST2, but it’s getting late and I’m okay with leaving that for later. So, if you’re using ST2, make sure to create an issue on GitHub for it.

Also, please throw any other bugs you encounter in the issues thingy on GitHub so I actually notice them. So, that’s it. I can’t think of anything else I was going to say. Any other important stuff should be in the README. Have fun.

0 Likes

I pushed a light theme, called Higuchi, into the package last night. You can use it by obviously setting the theme to Higuchi instead of Freesia.

0 Likes

And now it’s on Package Control. That should simplify things for people using that. Probably. Note that it’s ST3-only at the moment due to some odd behavior in ST2 with the tabset control.

0 Likes

dude that looks awesome

0 Likes

I added two more themes to Freesia and a couple color schemes since I last posted in this thread, so I’ll just post pictures of all three additional theme variants (because I hadn’t actually posted a picture of the light theme) so you can look at them and wonder why the dark one is so freakin’ dark.

[size=150]Void[/size]

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31892/Screenshots/screenshot-void-t.png

(Also pictured: the Kalopsia Darker color scheme, included in Freesia.)

[size=150]Kano[/size]

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31892/Screenshots/screenshot-kano-t.png

(And this color scheme is Proxy, also included in Freesia.)

[size=150]Higuchi[/size]

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31892/Screenshots/screenshot-higuchi-t.png

(This color scheme is Sanakan, and it’s actually part of the Nil theme.)

I added them mainly 'cause I just wanted different color schemes for different times of the day, so the sort of progression I usually have is morning/afternoon: Kano and Proxy; daytime-ish: Higuchi and Proxy or Sanakan; night time: Freesia and Big Duo or Kalopsia, and finally when I’m sitting in bed at 4am working on my compiler and not entirely sure if the clock is real, Void and Kalopsia Darker.

I doubt they’re everyone’s ideal colors and whatnot, but the upside to Freesia is that customizing it is pretty easy. You can always go in and change things since it’s all tint/color-based, which is why I’ve ended up with four variants of the same theme in this package. Means that if I decide I need something new, it’s going in.

Another really nice thing is that I wrote my own color scheme editor, so not only do I have a really easy to tweak theme, but I can just bring up Schemer and edit color schemes really quickly while watching them refresh in the Sublime window behind it. This is surprisingly convenient. Anyway, I’ll stop turning this into my rambling area. You can get the theme on GitHub or Package Control as usual if you think you want to try it.

0 Likes

very nice simple themes

0 Likes

I’ve more or less got sidebar icons for files in place for the new ST3 build, though most of this is in prerelease (the icons should be in 1.3.2, at least, though they might be a bit off-tint). The current master (may or may not be tagged) contains what is a breaking change for people not up-to-date on ST3 builds, and I’m going to be making that the official release soon-ish — basically giving people a little bit of time to update to the latest build and for me to fix the small things I end up breaking.

This might inconvenience unregistered users who can’t run the dev builds, but that’s not really a concern for me. For anyone using this on ST2 (I don’t think the theme actually works correctly on ST2, but you never know): this update will break folder icons for you and I’m not going to fix it.

Anyway, this is what the icons plus disclosure button with folder look like:

http://spifftastic.net/.paste/icons.png?f=f7ca45fc85.png

Disclosure buttons are only visible on hover just to reduce the visual clutter that they’d otherwise create.

Oh, I also added two color schemes to the theme: Triplet and Triplet Lite. The README’s been updated with screenshots of a few options and all color schemes, so that should simplify that. Triplet is just a background-color-less variant of Big Duo, more or less, and the Lite version is slightly less dark.

That should probably serve as plenty of warning for anyone using the theme who has not updated ST3 or is using the theme on ST2.

0 Likes